AVIC411.com

ipod issues. (CD-IU230V + F900BT)

Here is the cord:

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/ ... 230&tp=120

For some reason when I installed my stereo the ipod does not come up. I am just about positive it is going to the right slot in the back... and I know I selected ipod under the source. What am I missing?

My ipod is a few years old. Black 30gig. I even tried another newer nano with no luck. Faulty cord?

If you've tried multiple ipods and the settings in the F700 are correct, the ipoc cable could be faulty.

Try connecting the ipod to the USB port using the USB cable that came with the ipod. You won't get any audio or video from it because it's looking to the AV inputs for that data, but it should still be controllable and charging from the F700... if you hook it up that way and it functions, the Pioneer cable is probably bad.

If you've tried multiple ipods and the settings in the F700 are correct, the ipoc cable could be faulty.

Try connecting the ipod to the USB port using the USB cable that came with the ipod. You won't get any audio or video from it because it's looking to the AV inputs for that data, but it should still be controllable and charging from the F700... if you hook it up that way and it functions, the Pioneer cable is probably bad.

yep... Put in the factory ipod cable and it worked.. well came up with the "limited functions" warning. No audio as you said..

I guess I will try and get another cable .. grrrrr

The limited function warning is what it displays during the time it's reading info for the voice recognition catalog. It has nothing to do with the AV inputs not bring hooked up.

But yeah, your cable is no good.

update:

:D

I am very happy with Crutchfield

Hello,

I have arranged for a replacement cable to be shipped out. You should receive it shortly.

You will receive an email with an ARS return shipping label to return the defective cable.

Sorry for the trouble. Please let us know if we can help any further.

Thank you,

Conner

Crutchfield Product Support

1-800-955-9094 Ext. **** (edited)

Productsupport@crutchfield.com

Crutchfield's customer service is about as top-notch as you can get. True, their prices aren't as low as some other places you can buy electronics on the internet, but IMO it's definitely worth the extra.