AVIC411.com

Fix to be released tomorrow?

I'll call it like I see it, a paperweight! I have been so horribly misguided by Pioneer about the F-series line, that I will no longer carry it in my store. Aside form the "normal" problems everyone else has seen, I can tell you that a whole 2% of the time I typed in an address, it would take me to within 200 feet of the location. Most times, it was off by 3 or more CITY BLOCKS!

Sure, they have their own install problems, which may or may not get resolved. As for the Nav problems, I don't see how a 1 gig download is going to fix (I'm guessing here) 8 gigs of nav software and all of the other issues. And from what I have been hearing, startup time is decreased to only 50 seconds. Agt that rate, I could spend hundreds on gas waiting for the thing to boot up.

I'll call it like I see it, a paperweight! I have been so horribly misguided by Pioneer about the F-series line, that I will no longer carry it in my store. Aside form the "normal" problems everyone else has seen, I can tell you that a whole 2% of the time I typed in an address, it would take me to within 200 feet of the location. Most times, it was off by 3 or more CITY BLOCKS!

Sure, they have their own install problems, which may or may not get resolved. As for the Nav problems, I don't see how a 1 gig download is going to fix (I'm guessing here) 8 gigs of nav software and all of the other issues. And from what I have been hearing, startup time is decreased to only 50 seconds. Agt that rate, I could spend hundreds on gas waiting for the thing to boot up.

then you have antenna problems due to a bad install. I know if you put it under the dash, you would be WAY off. Installation problems are your fault, not Pioneers.

And spending hundreds on gas for 50 sec bootup time? guess people never let the engine idle until it's fully warmed to put it in drive and drive away.

Also, one more thing i found out about the f-series which is pretty good in my opinion(not great though). People whine over the F series yet praise the DNX when they don't know they DNX got recalled for a software update too(3 wk process) after 1 month of Kenwood not acknoledging the problem.

I still don't see why you whine about a patch being 1GB only when you don't know what it does.

Oh yeah, Pioneer uses the same routing process as google if you didn't know that yet ;)