AVIC411.com

Can we have a 'fix announcement release' thread?

Would it be possible to start a thread that says something like "This thread will be updated when new firmware is released" and lock it? That way we could all subscribe to it, and a mod could update it when the firmware is actually released. I'd like to get the firmware as soon as possible after the release, and I'm only able to check the board a couple times a week. This would let us know as soon as it hits...

Thoughts?

Dave

I'm sure as soon as it's released a sticky topic will be made for it and it will be at the top of the topic list for all to see. Possibly in flashing neon lights with some fun party music.

I don't see any reason to "reserve" a topic for information that has yet to come.

I don't think you understand what I'm asking for... The difference is exactly as I stated above. You can't subscribe to a topic that doesn't exist yet. The purpose of subscribing (or "watching", as this forum software calls it) is that you will be notified via email when there is an update to the thread. That can't happen if you don't know a thread exists without visiting the board.

Dave

i get what you're trying to say. Good idea.

It's basically creating a Email notification to people who subscribe to say when the Release comes out.

And for that to work it would need to be locked. Otherwise you will get email notifications for every person posting on that thread.

There are a number of POSSIBLE release date threads started by eager AVIC buyers (im guilty), so this locked thread would come in handy for Fact only.

And for that to work it would need to be locked. Otherwise you will get email notifications for every person posting on that thread.

Exactly! That's what I'm hoping for... The "official announcement" thread would have been a good candidate for this, if it was locked from the beginning.

Dave

Your asking someone to notify you, when you could simply just look for yourself. It's really not that difficult. Are you truely saying that you are unable to access the internet a couple times a week, yet email is no problem?

thats exactly wat he wants. im 100% positive that when the new update is released every1 will be all over it and jasonH will make a sticky for it. but askin for some1 to tell u when its released is not gonna happen.

Just forget it guys... I can't believe what a ridiculous discussion this turned into. I thought this would be something helpful that everyone would benefit from. I've seen that method of notification on many other forums that I belong to, and it's usually used to keep the "when is it going to be released?" threads to a minimum. That way everyone that wants to know when it is going to be released can just subscribe to that thread and shut up about it.

And yes, it is much easier for me to access email (from my phone) than the web. Not that it should have any bearing on this.

Dave

If you have the ability to comeback to this topic over and over again to respond, you also have the ability to take 10 seconds to look at the topic list and see if there is a pinned topic about it. Quit bein' lazy lol.