• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know how to get the update?

Pioneer is thinking about having 3 options (said the Pioneer rep):

1. Download from their website

2. They send you a CD/SD card with update on it

3. You waste your time and Send them the Unit to update

My guess is they will have the Web download for sure. If not, they will be wasting money on CDs/SDs and time to burn and mail them. And the 3rd option is the worst, not only will you have to wait months to probably get it back from them but they will waste their own money paying some tech to install the simple update.

But first you have to wait for it to Come Out :cry:

My guess is that you will have to pay for an SD or CD upgrade, just like microsoft does with its updates. As always downloading would be free, just like microsoft. Can you image the price for SD and postage? I dont' think Pioneer would just give them away.

But I could also be very wrong about them.

My guess is that you will have to pay for an SD or CD upgrade, just like microsoft does with its updates. As always downloading would be free, just like microsoft. Can you image the price for SD and postage? I dont' think Pioneer would just give them away.

probably gonna have an sd card from those who bought from authorized dealers and a download for those who didnt. jus a guess

probably gonna have an sd card from those who bought from authorized dealers and a download for those who didnt. jus a guess

no because for the avic s1 they had free updates on the sd card for everybody

no because for the avic s1 they had free updates on the sd card for everybody

s1?? christ, how many avics are there lol anyways if thats the case then how would they know of those who didnt buy from authorized sellers?