AVIC411.com

Hey guys,

Just wanted to keep everyone filled in on the news of the Avic-F series release. Pioneer is ready to officially announce the release of new software and firmware updates to resolve most of the complaints about the F-Series product. The updates will fix issues such as iPod speed issues and the iPods locking up and freezing, certain navigation issues, as well as the screen contrast problems. The boot up time will not be fixable as that's the unit's processor booting up. No official ETA on this release, but we will let everyone know once we have an official ETA from Pioneer!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... I wonder how they went about correcting the screen contrast issue with just software updates... perhaps there was something in the code that limited the voltage it was sending to the backlight? Or perhaps changing the colors/contrast of the GUI...

Anyway. Thank you. This is good to know.

My bluetooth works excellently. The only time I had somebody complain about how I sounded was when I was talking to them while driving 70mph with the windows down and sunroof open... other than that, it's been loud and clear on both ends. And I got one of the very first units.

My bluetooth works excellently. The only time I had somebody complain about how I sounded was when I was talking to them while driving 70mph with the windows down and sunroof open... other than that, it's been loud and clear on both ends. And I got one of the very first units.

i got one of the first units too and myne sounds horrid where do you have yours located?

you can see myne in the signature picture, right below the f to the left

i got one of the first units too and myne sounds horrid where do you have yours located?

As you can see, the mic is located a good distance away from the unit, leaving less leftover on the wire to coil up in the dash. Coiling up wire will lead to problems with interference and the more you have bundled up, the more susceptible to it it is.

DSC03116.jpg

So have they mentioned anything about the method of distribution for the fix? Will we have to go to Pioneer's site and download it? This guy has apparently has already gotten a fix mailed to him from Pioneer on an SD card (might be a special case, though). If it's coming on actual media in the mail, would that come straight from Pioneer and if so, how would they know who and where to send them to? Or would they send them to all the authorized dealers to have them send out to the people who bought a unit from them? And if that's the case, what would the people who bough from non-authorized dealers do?

I understand that you may not have any info on any of this, but it can't hurt to ask.