AVIC411.com

"JPEG is Corrupt" Error - PLEASE HELP!

Hey Guys,

I'm having a bit of a problem. I converted the pictures to BMP by opening them with Microsoft Office Picture Manager and exporting the pictures to BMP. The names are no longer and no spaces then the stock names. They're 500x240. There is a comparison below. By the way I'm loading them directly to the folder on the hard drive. I have an unlocked Z3 on the new hard drive from Garret.

The HU recognizes them and shows the name. But when I click them it says "JPEG is Corrupt".

Comparison: Stock (CITY.BMP) / New (Field.bmp)

Width = 500 pixels (6.94") / 500 pixels (6.94")

Height = 240 pixels (3.33") / 240 pixels (3.33")

Horizontal Resolution = 71 dpi / 72 dpi

Vertical Resolution = 71 dpi / 72 dpi

Bit Depth = 24 / 32

Frame Count = 1 / 1

Resolution = 72 x 72 dpi / 72 x 72 dpi

Compression = Uncompressed / Uncompressed

Annotated = No / No

Colors = High Color / High Color

Size = 352 KB / 469 KB

Type = Bitmap Image / Bitmap Image

I'm at a loss, what do I do to fix this? Do any of the differences shown above really have an impact?

Thanks,

Duke

Sounds like an error is occurring trying to convert your .jpg file to .bmp file. I don't have a Z3, but why does it have to be a bitmap image and not jpeg? Can't you just create the original image in a bitmap format?

i had no problem using jpeg files, try that

Loading JPEGs directly to the hard drive? It's a Z1 Unit with a aftermarket Toshiba hard drive running the Z3 image. When I put JPEGs directly onto the hard drive it doesn't even show the name on the list. I did this with some of the pictures that you guys posted here. Maybe I'll wipe out the folder and put 20 images on CD and try it that way. Its just a lot easier to load them directly.

i had no problem using jpeg files, try that

Loading JPEGs directly to the hard drive? It's a Z1 Unit with a aftermarket Toshiba hard drive running the Z3 image. When I put JPEGs directly onto the hard drive it doesn't even show the name on the list. I did this with some of the pictures that you guys posted here. Maybe I'll wipe out the folder and put 20 images on CD and try it that way. Its just a lot easier to load them directly.

o my bad i didnt kno you were putting them on the drive. i always used the cd-r method :oops:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry, got busy with getting married and moving into our new house, but I'm back. I got it working by fluke. I used Microsoft Office Picture Manager to change the size to the right size. Then I exported the picture using MOPM to export it to a .BMP. Made sure the file sizes were the same as stock and it worked!

Apparently it didn't like me manually changing them to .BMP or the fact that file sizes were larger.