AVIC411.com

What does the 2nd gen CD-IB100II look like on screen?

• 2 weeks later...
[url=http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/division/demo/0,,2076_310069681,00.html#unit=AVIC%20N3§ion=AUDIO%20%2F%20VIDEO&feat=IPOD%C2%AE%20CONTROL]http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v ... %20CONTROL[/url]

[quote name="silicuda"]Thanks for the reply!

Can anyone post a picture of what the screen looks like when the IPOD is connected to a AVIC-N3?[/quote]
  • 6 months later...
I went to the link that was liste above. Obviously not a Dx series. how muxh of that display would we actually get on a D2 Model? I have been searching on this forum for several days and not having much luck. The search feature here really leaves a lot to be desired. Any help would be appreciated. I am trying to weigh the pros and cons of the IPOD setup vs. the XDV-P6
your thinkin about gettin rid of the ipod all together and just using mp3 discs with the 6 disc, huh? I thought of that, only prob is the mp3 functionality is just as slow if not slower as using the ipod. Everytime I try to scroll through the list of songs on my N2 with an mp3 disc, there is a delay to go from 1 list of songs on the screen to the next...my plan was to use a dual layer dvd burner, and put my whole library on a disc as mp3 data...dual layer dvd's can hold 8.5 gigs...but once again, scrolling is slow
I may be wrong but I don't think the DVD changer can read DL discs. I actually don't have either right now. The cost is going to be about the same... to buy and Ipod and interface or get the DVD changer. I am not liking what I am seeing about the Ipod interface. I want the same funtionality with the touch screen that I have with the onboard CD player and from what I am seeing I am not going to get that with the Ipod set up. pls some one correct me if I am wrong. I have posted elsewhere on here about the new USB module and what a piece of GARBAGE it is. I don't want to make the same mistake again.
the XDV-P6 should be capable of reading any format that any AVIC can read...Double check with pioneers website...for an MSRP of 499, that changer should be able to read all the formats you can put in there and make you breakfast....if you want the same interface you get with a CD, then buy a dual layer dvd burner like i did on ebay for about 70 bux shipped, burn all your mp3's on a dual layer DVD-R, and screw the ipod...the drawback then is that you can't have the nav disc and your mp3 disc in at the same time...or you can get really exotic, and buy the XDV-P6, burn dual layer dvd's, and you will have roughly 50 gigs at your disposal

"you may say i'm a dreamer, but im not the only one"