AVIC411.com

Make the unit faster

Hi! I'm planning to buy a F900BT (because there will be no F90BT in Hungary) and I was wandering if I can turn some of the features to make the unit faster.

I won't use for eg:

SIRIUS

MSN

TMC

Voice recognition (navigation)

3D landmarks

XM radio (only FM and AM)

What I need is Ipod (music and video) integration, BlueTooth mobile, 2D navigation and FM Radio, with WIRED steering wheel remote controll.

Can I turn these features off? Will this make the unit faster?

Thanks.

Hi! I'm planning to buy a F900BT (because there will be no F90BT in Hungary) and I was wandering if I can turn some of the features to make the unit faster.

I won't use for eg:

SIRIUS

MSN

TMC

Voice recognition (navigation)

3D landmarks

XM radio (only FM and AM)

What I need is Ipod (music and video) integration, BlueTooth mobile, 2D navigation and FM Radio, with WIRED steering wheel remote controll.

Can I turn these features off? Will this make the unit faster?

Thanks.

Skoos, in Europe you don't get Sirius, XM or MSN, that's all US only.

Tired of waiting and scared of all the bugs I eneded up buying a Clarion MAX983HD (not available in the US). Works perfectly and as advertised!

BTW, it starts up in.... 5 seconds! And I mean full functionality.

Does Windows CE boot like a slim XP? I mean, does it use a registry? If it does, can't someone just regedit and pull out all the unnecessary boot information that they won't use?

If it doesn't use a registry (similar to win98), there must be some sort of boot.ini, or startup .ini file that someone could post up here, and we could figure out what everything is on it.

I understand that the boottime is limited by the cpu, and frontside bus, but at the same time, you can get windows to boot much faster by just optimizing the boot information.

Dang I wish I owned one of these so I could play around with it.

I really hope Pioneer would have taking the time to remove unnecessary startup items, but I guess it's worth the time to take a look.

With how many different potential services there are (xd, sirius, etc), I bet there's some sort of application that boots up for those. If you're not going to use them, you'd think you could disable it completely.

I don't own one of these, but would like to help in any way I can.

Someone who's willing, try downloading this program

http://ceregeditor.mdsoft.pl/ceregedit_setup.exe and install it on a SD card. Run it on your Pioneer to access the CE registry.

From here it should look similar to an XP registry. IF you understand Windows XP registry then this should be an awesome tool, to removing the crap loaded on the system. Which should improve boot time :)

Who uses MSN Direct anyways right?

• 3 months later...
Skoos, in Europe you don't get Sirius, XM or MSN, that's all US only.

Tired of waiting and scared of all the bugs I eneded up buying a Clarion MAX983HD (not available in the US). Works perfectly and as advertised!

BTW, it starts up in.... 5 seconds! And I mean full functionality.

What really sucks is we can't get the MAX983HD in the US - we have some older sucky version...Wish I could have this unit, it would be the one to get...