AVIC411.com

Iphone 3G and BT with Z3

Is it just me or the BT connection between the new Iphone 3G is really bad with the Z unit ?

My previous Iphone had no issues.

However, the new one drops consistently & both ways *inbound speaker vs. outbound voice* over the cars speakers or mic is so noisy or faint *bad connection* that it makes the BT functionality useless.

Also, for whatever weird reason, the connection is so weak it tends to drop the calls.

I can take my old Iphone and connect via BT, and it's just fine and dandy......

Anyone else experiancing this problem ?

I have a 3G Iphone & BT... and it sounds great :)

I have a Z1 w/ a upgraded Z3 Harddrive... i don't even have any echoes.

It plays music too! The only downfall i have is it won't charge ;(

Did you have the echoes before the Z3 upgrade?

Is your BT volume on the Iphone turned all the way up?

If the Z3 does better with echoes, then I may be upgrading this weekend myself....

Of course no 3G Iphone yet(on order)... Just the Edge with v2.0 ATM...

My iphone worked great before I did the upgrade to 2.0. Now I can hear people on the other end, but they can not hear me.

I don't think that 2.0 is the issue... I've had the Iphone since day one...and had the Z2 well before... The BT has been the same... if anything, it's gotten better.... But you still have to play with the BT volume while connected, to get the best volume/without echo.... which for me is about a couple clicks above 1/2 volume on the Iphone... I have my Avic's settings all the way up... and just use the Iphone's BT volume(when connected) to moderate the volume/echo....

My iphone worked great before I did the upgrade to 2.0. Now I can hear people on the other end, but they can not hear me.

I don't think that 2.0 is the issue... I've had the Iphone since day one...and had the Z2 well before... The BT has been the same... if anything, it's gotten better.... But you still have to play with the BT volume while connected, to get the best volume/without echo.... which for me is about a couple clicks above 1/2 volume on the Iphone... I have my Avic's settings all the way up... and just use the Iphone's BT volume(when connected) to moderate the volume/echo....

I guess you misread my post, I do not have an echo. They can not hear me at all. I have tried to adjust the volume leves of both the iphone and the Z3. Like I said before, everything was OK before the upgrade to 2.0. I to have had the iphone since day one, still don't now what that has to do with anything.

I guess you misread my post, I do not have an echo. They can not hear me at all. I have tried to adjust the volume leves of both the iphone and the Z3. Like I said before, everything was OK before the upgrade to 2.0. I to have had the iphone since day one, still don't now what that has to do with anything.

My bad, I did indeed mis-read your post. And all I was getting at, was that I've had the the IPhone since the first day, and have kept up with updates, and haven't had a problem with them, as far as the Iphone BT and the Avic goes.

I believe I've read of the same issue you are having... and if I can rememeber correctly, was resolved by un-pairing...repairing... and/or a reset on the Avic.

Sorry if I sounded like an A$$, that was not what I ment to do.

I tried un-pairing and re-piaring, but it did not work. Today I tried to use the voice comand and it did not work either, so I think it is the mic. It is not the mic connection because I tried that. I guess my mic just went bad, unless there is a setting I can not find.

Again sorry for the tone.

• 2 weeks later...

openendstraight, I've been having the same problem with my iphone as well. While talking on the iphone, the person on the other end of the conversation will not be able to hear me. I'll have to hang up and restart the iphone. All this after updating to 2.0.1. I noticed the iphone no longer is recognized on the Z1 either. My new Z3 drive is in the mail. I may have to go back to version 1.0.0 on the iphone. BT integration works fine now with the Z1.

I guess that I'll chime in as a data point...

I have a Z3 with the iPhone 3G as well. I noticed that people on the other end of my calls could not hear me. I made sure that I had the volume up on the iPhone as well as on the Z3. That seemed to do the trick. The only other complaint that I have about the iPhone / Z3 combination (aside from not being able to transfer contacts...thanks Apple) is that I have some interference on some of my calls. It is a buzzing/whining noise that is intermittent. At first, I thought that it was the new charger that I got, but I have tried the iPhone without having the charger plugged in, and it still does it. I have also tried turning off the WiFi, but it doesn't seem to make a difference either. The only thing that I am going to double check is that I have the BT unit grounded to the same point as the Z3. Other than that, it works very well. Calls are clear both on my end, and the person that I'm talking to.