AVIC411.com

Purchased a F700 - What do i need to connect an iphone?

I am not worried about video - just sound.

I want the album art to show up on the deck.

Can I just use a standard ipod/iphone cable or do I need the propreitary pioneer cable? If I need the propreitary cable I am going to guess the one I got for my D3 won't work on this deck?

thanks

Read my post again, it gives you the two options that will work.

Video isn't an option on the iPhone unless you run it through the A/V inputs and control everything from the phone itself.

A standard USB iPod cable will give you info, album artwork and control through the F-Series, but no audio.

You will need the Pioneer cable for direct control from the unit and album art/info.

But... the unit also has the ability to play audio over bluetooth. So there's a chance you don't need to even hook it up to the radio in the first place. Don't know if the iphone is compatible or not, though.

I got my iphone 3g to play audio and video through the pioneer cable.

This was a UK F700BT.

The iPhone regarded the headunit as a unsupported accessory though and everything went pear shaped when I call came into the iPhone (not paired with the headunit with the parrot bluetooth).

Cheers.

You will need the Pioneer cable for direct control from the unit and album art/info.

But... the unit also has the ability to play audio over bluetooth. So there's a chance you don't need to even hook it up to the radio in the first place. Don't know if the iphone is compatible or not, though.

The Apple cable provides this functionality too (and includes another power adapter for the same price).

The iPhone does not support A2DP, so you need to physically connect it for music playback.

okay so if I have this right I can just use the ipod cable that came with the iphone to plug into the deck for all my music needs?

I would just by the pioneer one but nobody has them in stock where i live and I want to get it all set up tomorrow. Thanks for the help guys :)

the ipod composite av cable has red white yellow as well as usb. So it is essentially the same thing as the Pioneer one, has all the same functions of the pioneer cable!

Sweet! Thanks

Exactly, for the same price as the Pioneer cable, along with a new wall adapter (I always seem to lose those things), and probably better quality, the Apple A/V cable is a no-brainer!

well i work at the biggest electronics retailer in canada - so getting the pioneer cable would be the way to go for me since its cost to me is considerably less then the apple cable.

however, since it is not available, I am happy that an alternative is! I have no use for the extra charger since i already have extras...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...