AVIC411.com

Update Released!! For REAL!!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pioneer has become aware that users of the AVIC-F90BT, AVIC-F900BT, and AVIC-F700BT may experience issues with one or more of the following: navigation voice guidance sound quality and reading of guidance information; brightness of display screen; Bluetooth sound quality and hands-free calling; parking brake warning; cataloguing time for voice recognition of iPod content; song order within an album for iPod content; playing of MP3 music files for USB content; volume control for USB and SD content; and, Spanish and French mode operation with an iPod and with navigation voice guidance.

Wow... that pretty much covers all the problems... the big ones anyway.

Pioneer has become aware that users of the AVIC-F90BT, AVIC-F900BT, and AVIC-F700BT may experience issues with one or more of the following: navigation voice guidance sound quality and reading of guidance information; brightness of display screen; Bluetooth sound quality and hands-free calling; parking brake warning; cataloguing time for voice recognition of iPod content; song order within an album for iPod content; playing of MP3 music files for USB content; volume control for USB and SD content; and, Spanish and French mode operation with an iPod and with navigation voice guidance.

It would seem so. They at least recognize them, hopefully they corrected them.

No kidding, I cant wait to download the update when I get home 2nite. Maybe I can finally use the VR catalog problem free.

The firmware update, however, does not address reported concerns regarding the length of boot up times. As is the case with other computers, the length of time to boot up an AVIC F-Series system is largely due to the numerous demands (navigation, entertainment, information, connectivity, compatibility, etc.) placed upon it.

Hmm, I guess we'll just deal with the boot time.

It would seem so. They at least recognize them, hopefully they corrected them.

"The free firmware update is intended to address these issues and improve the overall performance of the AVIC F-Series systems. In addition, a separate CD-ROM containing a revised operation manual will be provided as part of the update process. The firmware update, however, does not address reported concerns regarding the length of boot up times. As is the case with other computers, the length of time to boot up an AVIC F-Series system is largely due to the numerous demands (navigation, entertainment, information, connectivity, compatibility, etc.) placed upon it."

Seems as though they have. Yay!

I just installed the update on my f90bt and have the following limited observations:

The good:

1 - VR catalog ran through my iPod with 17,000 songs on it in 3 minutes. Once you catalog the iPod you can then turn catalog mode back off and it stores the existing catalog info for the next time you start the car. You will have to turn it back on and re-catalog the iPod when you add more music to the device.

2 - The system is now displaying the correct time

3 - the display is much brighter and does not wash out as easily in the day light. I parked the car in a place where it had direct sunlight on the screen and compared pre/post update at full brightness and I can now see the display where I could not before the update.

4 - The songs on the iPod now play in track order not alphabetical order.

The bad:

1 - HD radio still does not display station numbers/call letters on the preset buttons.

2 - Boot time seems to be unchanged (I expected this).

I only had about 10 minutes to play with it once the update was done, I will report back if I find anything else out on my drive home.

WOW! Can someone post a pic of the improved screen brightness in daylight?? Dammit dammit dammit, now I might have to sell my 8120! LOL.

I'm gonna wait and see if there are any major bugs in this firmware before I jump ships again. On the plus side, I still have all my Pioneer accessories to go with a 700BT (XM, etc).

Also hows the bluetooth? And also, does it "drop" the ipod sometimes when after starting the car, like where you have to reconnect it to get the Avic to see it again?

Thanks! Can't wait to hear more reports!