AVIC411.com

Update Released!! For REAL!!

I agree with MadFlavor. I also was nearing my 30 day return window and went with the DNX8120. I don't think this was a lack of patience as someone suggested. The product should have worked better and a fair amount of money was at risk. I'm glad that the update has fixed a lot of the problems for many of you guys but based on the posts here, it still sounds like bluetooth is hit and miss. Mine never did work, period. Not just bad audio but totally useless audio both directions. The Kenwood worked from the start with perfect audio with the mic in exactly the same location as the Pioneer. It automatically downloaded my address book when I paired the phone. At this point I miss nothing on the 900BT, well, maybe the SD port but the USB ports are just as usefull. I have a 160gb usb hard drive that my music is stored on and it's working flawlessly. Navigation seems very accurate but I'm not a big user of nav either, at least not right now. The only map errors I've found so far is a new stretch of highway that just opened a few months ago is missing. XM and HD radio are also working just fine. Again, I'm glad most of you had your problems solved. Enjoy your systems, I enjoy the heck out of mine. BTW, the KW does boot faster but not terribly faster.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could not get the voice dialing to work with my iPhone, but I could initiate calls from the phone and the sound quality on the other end is acceptable over the unit.

It seems really odd that my iPhone's voice dialing worked fine with no problems whatsoever.. I seem to be the only person that posted they got it to work and I didnt have any issues at all.. weird.

what gen is it?

Mine is a first gen iPhone with the latest firmware on it.

I just did the update, the screen is much better at night and the touch screen is so much better (after it has totally booted up). I haven't even driven though, i'll update tomorrow. One major thing for me, dropping calls when going to blue tooth when on the phone before starting your car is still a problem.

700BT

All my problems seem to have been solved.

1. Bluetooth quality. 100% Better.

2. USB MP3 doesn't skip when NAV is runnings.

3. MP3 tracks don't clip off the last few seconds.

4. NAV voice commands are not scratchy/low quality

5. 8gb USB Stick is AutoDetected without having to unplug and replug everytime I turn on the unit.

Now all I want is the software package to release for my PC that will allow me to load POIs on my SD card. I'm really looking forward to this feature being in sales and constantly visiting new customers.

My pet peeve still isn't fixed, the blue overlay for the routing information on the map screen is still there even when there is no route. :(

Anyone know if there is a picture of this floating around on these forums already? I regularly drive around in NAV mode on my D3, with no route, and I want to see how bad this looks before I make a jump to the F90BT.

Or maybe someone can take a quick photo of this so I can see how annoying it is? Thanks!

They also fixed the glitch when searching for POI's near the cursor or location when the system would run out of memory.... SWEET!!

However What irks me is that when you put your iPod into shuffle mode you have to navigate away from the now playing screen, and hit the mode button several times before it changes back to shuffle off.

I also lost my TTS too!!!

Let me add something on the boot up time. 2 minutes is a major problem for some of you? I dont think you are supposed to jump into a car and go right away anyway the car needs a minute to warm up. It would be nice to have a super quick boot up time but its not a deal breaker.

Anything running any windows os runs slow and buggy anyway, its why i switched from pc to mac this january. vista is a complete joke compared to mac os.

You literally sit there for a few minutes in your car before pulling out? I don't really thinking "warming" your car up for a few minutes is really necessary for 95 degrees do you? Now if its winter out and your windows need to defrost, sure makes sense.

I have owned Magellan's that are based on windows ce, they have a low power stand by for instant on when you push the on button, if you don't use it for an extended period of time, sure it powers down completely. Boot up is about a minute.

So why can't they have some sort of low power standby, all main components are turned off, but the memory is still on, with the +12v? Have it switch off if its more then a few days or something, as to not run down the battery.

Also, if your sitting there on ACC, then turn your car on, yaay you get to wait for a COMPLETE from scratch boot up again.

Anyway, happy for you all.

Updated last night.

1. Bluetooth is perfect (using Samsung sch-i760 smart phone)

2. Ipod is not cataloging. It tries and after a minute I get a message that it was unable to catalog the songs.

3. Songs are now in correct order on ipod and individual playlists can be shuffled correctly.

4. Much faster response time to touchscreen

5. Much more readable contrast

6. The voice recognition does not work at all for anything. ??

It is about an 8/10 for me. I'm OK with it, but still need to figure out the VR problem.

My pet peeve still isn't fixed, the blue overlay for the routing information on the map screen is still there even when there is no route. :(

Anyone know if there is a picture of this floating around on these forums already? I regularly drive around in NAV mode on my D3, with no route, and I want to see how bad this looks before I make a jump to the F90BT.

Or maybe someone can take a quick photo of this so I can see how annoying it is? Thanks!

its basically 2 translucent boxes on the top of the screen, where the route specs go. problem is there still on the screen when no route is selected....im on break in an hour so if someone doesnt beat me to it between now and then ill be happy to take a picture of it.

Now that we know for sure the F series is running windows CE and we also know that the Nav software is iGO from MiTac. I wonder if this unit is capable of running Garmin Mobile XT in addition to or instead of iGO.

so what does this mean for hacks? that someone with enough knowledge and experience can basically do anything to the unit??

Now that we know for sure the F series is running windows CE and we also know that the Nav software is iGO from MiTac. I wonder if this unit is capable of running Garmin Mobile XT in addition to or instead of iGO.

so what does this mean for hacks? that someone with enough knowledge and experience can basically do anything to the unit??

It basically means that if you have the know-how, you can get any windows CE compatible software to run on the unit, provided the unit has enough resources to run it. You could probably even set it up to boot straight to windows if you wanted. Your options are limitless if you have to knowledge of how to do it. Hell, you could probably install a different operating system on there if you wanted to. Not really anything the average Joe should try, though. You could end up basically bricking your unit, and it wouldn't be covered by the warranty.

Let me add something on the boot up time. 2 minutes is a major problem for some of you? I dont think you are supposed to jump into a car and go right away anyway the car needs a minute to warm up. It would be nice to have a super quick boot up time but its not a deal breaker.

Anything running any windows os runs slow and buggy anyway, its why i switched from pc to mac this january. vista is a complete joke compared to mac os.

You literally sit there for a few minutes in your car before pulling out? I don't really thinking "warming" your car up for a few minutes is really necessary for 95 degrees do you? Now if its winter out and your windows need to defrost, sure makes sense.

I have owned Magellan's that are based on windows ce, they have a low power stand by for instant on when you push the on button, if you don't use it for an extended period of time, sure it powers down completely. Boot up is about a minute.

So why can't they have some sort of low power standby, all main components are turned off, but the memory is still on, with the +12v? Have it switch off if its more then a few days or something, as to not run down the battery.

Also, if your sitting there on ACC, then turn your car on, yaay you get to wait for a COMPLETE from scratch boot up again.

Anyway, happy for you all.

It basically means that if you have the know-how, you can get any windows CE compatible software to run on the unit, provided the unit has enough resources to run it. You could probably even set it up to boot straight to windows if you wanted. Your options are limitless if you have to knowledge of how to do it. Hell, you could probably install a different operating system on there if you wanted to. Not really anything the average Joe should try, though. You could end up basically bricking your unit, and it wouldn't be covered by the warranty.

thats awesome... lookin foward to see how creative this can get :twisted: