AVIC411.com

Just did the F-Series Update. NO MORE TTS!!!!

Just did the new updated on my F700BT, everything went smoothly. I even formatted a new 2GB SD card I got for it, update went without a hitch. Problem is....NO MORE TTS. Nothing. None of the TTS voices work. This pisses me off, since thats one of the main things I wanted Pioneer to fix, Samantha's robotic voice and the way she says comma instead of point but now its completely useless. Guys who did the update check to see if your TTS still works..... I guess its time to give Pioneer a call tomorrow. :roll::(

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have them. Did you complete steps 7 - 10 of the update? There are two updates that you have to perform to the unit. The first one is the longest and people may assume that it is the firmware update. But looking at some of the folders you copy over in steps 7 and 8, the TTS voices are copied over during steps 7 - 10.

Hope that works.

Franco

Double check the update instructions and bake sure you did ALL the steps, and in the correct order.

If you go into the folders included in Pioneer's download, the voice prompt files aren't included in the folder you use for the first part of the update. They are in one of the other two folders, which get installed AFTER you finish installing the first part.

Maybe the first part of the update erases the old version of the voice files and the second part writes in the new ones?

I just realized that I am having the same issue with my unit, I only have three voices, none of which are TTS. I repeated steps 7-10 several times and still no results. I Also tried the 'Setup TTS' option under the language menu and tried importing the TTS languages from the firmware upgrade SD card but it didn't find any (I'm guessing the TTS files have to be in the top layer?).

I also tried a soft reset several times using both the reset button and the 'Reset Factory Defaults' under the Nav menu. Would anybody happen to know what files make up the TTS files necessary to import into the unit?

I'm on the phone with Pioneer right now, but I have a feeling they will only tell me to send in the unit or to try the firmware upgrade one more time.

Just spoke with a Pioneer operations representative, he has informed me that they were only slightly aware of some of the TTS issues. He said that they do know about the issue where Samantha is listed in the language menu but a different voice is actually played. He said that you simply have to re-select Samantha in the language menu (or select a different language, exit menu, return to language menu and select Samantha).

They do not, however, know about Samantha disappearing when Samantha was not originally chosen before the firmware update. He told me that they will have to look into that issue as it seems it would be caused by the firmware upgrade.

I just want to take a little poll to make sure I am not losing my mind. Could I get some people to list their model number, the language/voice selected before the firmware upgrade and what languages/voices options are in the language menu AFTER the firmware upgrade? Thanks.

Updated last night. Samantha has left the building. She's not there.

She's at my place now buddy, its over. In fact, she told me last night in a robotic scratchy voice "Lemonhead, you're a 10 and norcon was only a 7 comma 5."

LOL, Story of my life, dude.

I did all the steps perfectly according to the instructions. Including moving the testmode folder and Mitacap folder over to the SD card in step 7.

I had samantha TTS selected as my main voice before the update, afterwards she is still selected but says nothing now. No guidance...nada.

I did all the steps perfectly according to the instructions. Including moving the testmode folder and Mitacap folder over to the SD card in step 7.

I had samantha TTS selected as my main voice before the update, afterwards she is still selected but says nothing now. No guidance...nada.

Go to the link I posted a few messages up.

Go to the link I posted a few messages up.

HiFiSi, that was one of the first thing I tried to do was select a different voice. I tried spanish TTS, exited out and no TTS. Tried French TTS exited out and no TTS. None of the TTS voices seem to work, but when I go back and select Jason and exit out, he works fine, he starts the guidance with turn left in 400 feet ect. ect.

I guess I'm gonna give Pioneer a call right now.