AVIC411.com

Just did the F-Series Update. NO MORE TTS!!!!

Okay - here's the thing. This is a common issue.

You'll need to download the f-series firmware update, transfer the TTS folder onto your flash drive again, and import the Samantha TTS from the SD card via your f-90.

This worked for me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 700 was working fine until I made one quick mod to the DATA.zip file. The change I did was simple (I finally got around to updating the parking brake bypass value in pioneer.ini after numerous other successful mods)... and had nothing to do with the voices.

So here's the problem - I now have Jason, not Samantha, as the voice giving me directions. This wasn't done by choice, it just went to Jason when I rebooted after my update. If I try to go and change the voice, the unit locks up. As long as I don't try to get rid of him, Jason works fine with the GPS... and Samantha is still there - but just for the replies to the voice commands.

I have tried everything I can think of: 1) undoing my most recent mod, 2) deleting the TTS as per the above posts, 3) resetting to "Factory Settings", and 4) even deleting ALL voices and copying them from a backup I made a while back. Nothing does the trick.

It's not the end of the world, since I mute the GPS voice most of the time anyway... but I would like to have Samantha back for those times that I need her. ANY IDEAS????

• 11 months later...

I just received my F900bt back from repair, with the 2.0 update already installed on it (thats the way I bought it originally), it just died on me for no reason. Anyway, they did something to it and when it came back, there is no TTS, not for nothing but this really pisses me off, especially since it cost me $250 for the repair since it was out of frigin warranty. I tried to boot into test mode using the instructions, but it wont boot into test mode. I did exactly what the instructions said. Downloaded the two folders onto my SD card (mitacap and testmode), put the card in the headunit and turned on the ignition. Nothing, it booted as normal. Came back in, reformated the SD card, recopied the two folders to it, and tried it again. Same thing, the unit booted as normal.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Don

• 9 years later...

Hi all, I'm just now getting around to updating my F90BT as it recently began to constantly start up, load (slowly), start playing a CD (nothing else will work), then quit. Rinse, repeat. Rinse, repeat, ad infinitum - so long as my ignition is on.

Reason I found this thread to begin with: As y'all have known for a good 10 years, there is no TTS file in the AVIC F-Series Firmware update download from Pioneer, - but now all the links to TTS files in this thread are dead. Also - I've never done anything with the stereo thus far, so I don't really understand when people are talking about "test mode" this or that, so I'm not sure what I would have done with those links in the first place if it wasn't just directly obtaining the missing TTS file to load on the SD card. I assume any "test mode" type action is done at the tail end of the update - at least after you update the software? ...In theory, anyways? ???

Presently, I can't do *anything* with the unit  - in some test mode or otherwise - as it just cycles through wanting to boot, quitting, repeating, whenever my car is on. Menus basically don't work - although I *can* get it to start playing part of a CD (it's still responsive - but nothing seems to work as far as trying to sort of jolt it out of its super annoying pattern of - again - boot, find the CD, play it for some 1.5 minutes-ish, and then crash (go to black - as if the car was off) - then boot, play that 1.5 minutes, and crash again.

The map can't be called up AT ALL. It'll just try to boot til it crashes and then goes round and round again. No Bluetooth, either. That went away some time ago. I was hoping this update would fix that.

Anyways. Help! TTS file? Anyone else get this circular crashing thing? Anything work for you out there other than paying someone else to fix it? Thanks!