AVIC411.com

AVH-P6000DVD Bypass not working

actually i resetted the system earlier and the black screen no longer stay there but it still had the symptoms of it popping up after a while and i would have to tap on the screen for it to go away

here is my diagram the resistors are color coded. 10k being orange and black and 1k being red and black. The diagram shows where the transistor are facing i am guessing red is + and black is - ? i really have no clue

diagramor0.jpg

diagramor0.700e2eca10.jpg

Yes, those are correct pinouts for the transistor if it's a 2N3904.

I'm looking at a PDF of the 5000DVD installation manual, there should be a 3rd purple wire, it has a white stripe and a bullet connector on the end. That one is for the reverse input.

You didn't label the pins in your diagram, so make sure you have the resistors hooked up to the correct pins.

What is the exact message you are getting on the screen?

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Stati ... al0123.pdf i use this diagram it doesnt mention anything about a 3rd purple wire either

i cannot find the 3rd purple wire what so ever -_- i didnt cut any wires off either. Do you happen to have aol instant messenger or what not? Think itll be better to talk to u there or rather easier :)

ok update..

found the wire you're talking about but the wire isn't part of the set of wires that comes with the acc instead the wire comes attached with the rearview camera input.. I cant find the reverse cable anywhere on my metra wire harness.

I have a 2008 nissan rogue btw

After a while i gave up on it just decided to use a radio shack toggle since it was rather simple to solder. Drilled a hole in the pocket compartment of my dashkit and just installed the switch onto there.

Thanks for your great help gnat im pretty sure someone else will find all the info useful ha

• 3 weeks later...

Pics of my bypass doohickey, maybe it will help somebody to actually see it? I made it out of spare parts desoldered from old circuit boards I've collected over the years, even the wire was used. Heatshrink insulates the pins and a larger heatshrink holds it all firmly together, the wire tie prevents strain on the components.

IMG_1829.jpg

IMG_1830.jpg

IMG_1831.jpg

IMG_1833.jpg