AVIC411.com

what's underneath the hood so far

According to the system control panel on my f700 it is running CE 5.0. Also by tinkering and researching I've found out the North up only in 2D mode is something lacking in iGo v8.0.

I can make new map color schemes and upload them to the device.

Pretty sure by finding the .ui file in the data.zip in the igo folder that controls how the map is displayed while not navigating I can disable the stupid blue boxes.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the system control panel on my f700 it is running CE 5.0. Also by tinkering and researching I've found out the North up only in 2D mode is something lacking in iGo v8.0.

Pretty sure by finding the .ui file in the data.zip in the igo folder that controls how the map is displayed while not navigating I can disable the stupid blue boxes.

You will be a God among men if you can find out how to do this. :D

also tried to run windows media player for CE on it. It gave me this is not a valid Windows CE application error.

Means, it is missing some of the required libraries. You need to find the missing dlls and copy it onto your windows media player directory(or copy your wmplayer.exe to windows directory.

I tried that to... tried WMP classic as well as VLC media player... the unit would not allow either of the install files to be executed even though both of those should be compatible with windows CE...

What did you do to even get it to try running WMP?

Probably the same thing I did. Put the install file on the SD card, start the unit and get it into windows mode, and try to run the exe file off of the SD card. I never did find a way to copy files from the card to the internal memory, because I can't figure out a way to right click and bring up any context menus.

Probably the same thing I did. Put the install file on the SD card, start the unit and get it into windows mode, and try to run the exe file off of the SD card. I never did find a way to copy files from the card to the internal memory, because I can't figure out a way to right click and bring up any context menus.

Cool, I wouldn't mind seeing a screenshot of Windows mode.

Try loading the WMP executable into Dependency Walker and see what all .DLLs it needs. If there are any listed that aren't in the list I posted earlier, you could try getting those DLLs and putting them on the same SD card.

You can get it into windows mode yourself pretty easily. Just put the "testmode" folder that's part of the F-series update download onto the SD card. When the unit boots up, it will go into windows mode, then it does a quick COPYING function. Once that's done, just hit the close window "X" at the top right of the screen to close the copying window and there you go... you're in windows!

You can get it into windows mode yourself pretty easily. Just put the "testmode" folder that's part of the F-series update download onto the SD card. When the unit boots up, it will go into windows mode, then it does a quick COPYING function. Once that's done, just hit the close window "X" at the top right of the screen to close the copying window and there you go... you're in windows!

does it do any harm to the system if you do the copy part over and over again just to get into windows?

Hmm.. does the .ui file contain xml? I am wondering if they used qt to develop the GUIs.