AVIC411.com

what's underneath the hood so far

yeah, a sort of turn off delay.

i know that the vdo pc 5200 sat nav computer has a option to set a turn off delay. this for example if you are at a filling station. you can set the unit to 15 min. so when you turn the ignition off the sat nav computer will stay on for 10 min. when back in the car and start the engine the route is still there, no startup time.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now doesn't that seem like a simple solution for a simple problem? I mean if your sitting there in the ACC position hanging out, why does it have to restart from scratch?

I mean why can't the memory of the nav unit be in an always on and just the amp/screen etc turn off after a set time?

I mean there has got to be 100 different ways they could of figured out how to get by the minute long boot time. I mean sheesh.

I finally reordered my f900bt from Newegg.com 799 + 10 dollars shipping! Wowa, 300 dollar savings? I feel like crutchfield was raping people, my butt kinda hurts now from the originally purchase. Can't say I regret returning it now.

Bought my F700 from Newegg too! I think it was like $609, vs over $800 from Crutchfield.

Anyone know the size of the flash drive in the HU? Just curious. Also, what's stopping anyone from putting a USB 2.0 Hub on the port and running a keyboard and mouse plus anything else to the unit?

I don't know much about it myself but, I figured if it lets you connect your iPod, why they have somehow disabled any other device from working? Like does it limit it to storage devices only? And if so, can that be hacked?

:)