AVIC411.com

Ipod no longer plays with firmware update (turns into rant)

30 GB Ipod video.

It played for a while, even a movie played.

Then the VR Catalog error showed up and it shows all the songs, and tries to play them but no sound.

The sub woofer stopped working as well. No wiring changes have happened since I parked it in my garage last night and this morning.

Granted I have a non standard 16GB SD card, and technically should have nothing bigger than 8GB, but when I put the card in it is SO SLOW to read it... its absurd.

The call quality is definitely fixed but trying to connect to my phone is like pulling teeth. I need to DRIVE, not F around with my stereo.

Backup camera still takes over 10 seconds to work. Not acceptable. At all. I am already out of my driveway by the time it kicks on! Whats the point of having a camera when I cant even use it. I refuse to sit like an oaf in my brand new 2008 Rogue waiting for it to "warm up" when its 100 degrees outside (in Austin).

And speaking of waiting, good Lord I am out of my neighborhood entirely but the time the starting up posting is gone. At least I think I am, because the glare is so bad in the morning I can't read the much improved screen quality!

Well, this turned into a rant. I just ... just had my last straw with this ipod business. I reset the unit, the ipod, let the car sit turned off. Nothing.

And frankly, its dangerous. I am so frustrated trying to get my ipod to work I nearly crash. It makes me queasy to think how much I spent on this unit. And how much install time and effort - bloody knuckles and all!

Oh well.. to ebay it goes. Anyone wanna buy one for a good price!

I am going to just get a regular CD player. Screw this NAV nonsense. Not worth it at all!