AVIC411.com

AVIC-D2 Hack, no working!! Help!!

So I installed my AVIC-D2. I put the unused Cellular Mute wire and tab into the unused pin and grounded it, along with the parking brake wire. (I have a 2005 G35 Coupe). I also connected the VSS wire. I've read on here that it doesn't matter if you connect the VSS wire and ground that extra pin, it should work while moving. Does it matter that I connected the extra pin to the same ground as the one I used for the unit itself? Because I lose the features that are supposed to be bypassed, when I start moving! Anyone have any thoughts on why this might be occuring?

I've also seen people talk about wiring up some 528t relay box or something in order to bypass the warning message and the functions shutting off while moving..... any truth to this?

HELP!!
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
[quote name="kgdecker"]so the cellular wire goes in the secret plug on the back of the D2, it was my understanding i was just supposed to put a ground wire in there...[/quote]
You can use the cell wire for your ground wire after you remove it from its present location. If you ground it now it will mute your radio.
  • 1 month later...
Ok, so I just came home last night with my new D2, Ipod connector and XM with Nav info...

I asked around about the bypass and was told there is a gyro in this thing, and you cant bypass it... WTF???? Ok guys i have been searching around, but I am such a newb has anyone made Video Instructiuons for you know guys who read the picture instructions.. I have no clue how they hooked up the parking wire, and the cell wire, and the secret ??? in the box... HELP....

Thanks to all that help....