AVIC411.com

Completely obvious and I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but did you reset AV1 to iPod after you reset the system?

Yep you were right. At some point I had hit the reset and forgot to turn it on. I didnt realize I had to reset it each time I pressed that reset button.

Thanks!

But why do I have to do this to get the audio to work...

its not just from the update, ANYTIME you reset it you have to change AV1 back to iPod

Yep. I wonder.. did it do that before the update???

no idea never had to reset it prior. but its jus somethin to remember whenevr you have to reset it. btw i paniced when the sound didnt come on i thought the update messed the ipod playback up....so i switched to FM and no sound again i was like wtf!!. finally i came to a stop and heard a very faint static comin from the speakers. it was a dead station lol and then it hit me to check the settings. i felt like a dunce <=(

Honestly, how many times have you ever had to reset the unit? This update was the only time I ever had to do it. Took me about 30 seconds to realize that resetting it for the update may have set the AV input back to the deafault.

Honestly, how many times have you ever had to reset the unit? This update was the only time I ever had to do it. Took me about 30 seconds to realize that resetting it for the update may have set the AV input back to the deafault.

Not often - though I have had two two or maybe three times since it locked up during SD Card playback.