AVIC411.com

Unresolved Issues (After Firmware Update)

This forum needs a spot where everyone can list the things that are still not working correctly even after the Firmware update. Lets make it easy for Pioneer to see what they still need to work on. We all know they're watching this forum. Make your issue LARGE font so it's easy to pick out. I'll get it started.

1. If a USB Stick is plugged into my F700BT when I turn on my car the USB device is not detected. I have to unplug and replug the USB Stick to get the unit to recognize it again.After I uploaded the firmware it seemed that this issue was resolved but it started happening again the next day.

2. Can't figure out how to MUTE the Nav voice telling me "Nav Signal Lost" This really pisses me off because on a cloudy day this happens about every 10 min. I'm not even sure if that's normal. My Sirius signal is always good on cloudy days.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) When recieving a call system changes to map screen. Should stay on screen that was in use when call came in, or at least change back to that screen when call ends.

2) Even with no route set, boxes for next turn ( street name at top of screen and direction of turn at top left ) are still there. Should be gone with no route set to get a cleaner view of map.

3) Can't get voice recognition to work for calling a contact that was downloaded. Using LG VX8550.

4) Cannot tell which number is going to be called when touching a contact. The large icons of a person are useless. Need icons that differentiate what number is stored when there are multiple entries for same contact. Such as a house for home #. Phone or cell phone, large Building for work etc. Or just ditch the icons and have words like cell,work,home. or even show the number instead of that useless icon of a person. More contacts could be shown per screen without that large icon of a person.

5) On map screen, info bar for zoom level is useless. Suggest when zoom activated a popup comes up to clearly identify zoom level.

6) Should be able to select either North or Heading up in 2D and 3D map modes.

7) AVIC-F900BT has no way to verify that speed signal is being read properly. Does it even make a difference if speed is hooked up or not ?

-Still cannot disable gas stations on nav map, even when all gas stations are disabled in "Manage POI" menu.

-I would like to add to the statment above that the time to destination, next turn, and eta box also be removed when there is no route.

-Clock on map screen should have a background--it's nearly impossible to read when objects on the map are behind it. Better yet, keep it in the upper left corner in a box, like all of the other screens on the interface.

1) When receiving a call system changes to map screen. Also changed to a different Radio station when call ended.

2) Even with no route set, boxes for next turn (street name at top of screen and direction of turn at top left) are still there.

3) Cannot tell which number is going to be called when touching a contact.

4) TTS is gone after the upgrade. Tried everything mentioned still no Samantha.

5) HD Radio Presets do not show call signs. The stations saved you just don’t know what they are.

6) Can’t disable gas stations on nav map.

7) 2D Map mode is always North

Positive……Bluetooth now works well.

Avic F90BT

XM

HD Radio

1. Unit does not stay on same FM radio station when turning off/on vehicle. Always defaults to a different radio station, which in my case is static.

2. Blue tooth voice quality is good.. However the reconnect times vary. Sometimes it reconnects to my phone in 3 min, other times in 15 min, other times it wont connect. I can force the connection from my phone and it works.

3. Even with no route set, boxes for next turn (street name at top of screen and direction of turn at top left) are still there.

4. Cannot tell which number is going to be called when touching a contact.

5. 2D Map mode is always North

6. GPS instructions - to many next turn reminders. The unit even tells me three times to go straight through a street light. Why remind you if you are not turning.

7. Clock on map screen should have a background--it's nearly impossible to read when objects on the map are behind it

8. Allow us to turn off the beeps for every button push. I know if you turn the volume all the way down, it will go away along with the rest of the sound, but there needs to be a on/off option.

9. I am going to say it, even though it wont matter. Shorten the boot up time.

There are still a lot of "Little Detail" things that are lingering, which frustrates you especially when paying a lot of $$$. Hopefully some of these common issues can be resolved with another firmware.

Still Broken

1. GPS switches from 3D to 2D while in route.

2. GPS loses location and goes into constant "recalculating route" until the map button is pressed

3. Can't remove the horrible gas station PIO's

4. 2D map is unusable (always North)

5. Still lose iPod connectivity through out the day for no reason

6. Sirius forgets to scroll (needs a complete re-write of this interface IMHO)

7. GPS, while in route, constantly is giving directions. For example you are two miles from an offramp. You get the 2 mile warning, 1 mile warning, 400 yard warning, take exit, stay right, stay right. Makes it impossible to listen to a song or the radio.

FIXED

1. BLUE TOOTH IS USABLE! HUGE IMPROVEMENT

2. Blue tooth works!

Not going to be fixed so we just need to drop it

1. Boot time - we just need to deal with the hardware choices made by Pioneer

Regarding the European update -

Fixed -

- USB audio no longer skips in map screen

- According to Pioneer, the "USB/SD audio suddenly blasting at full volume" issue is fixed

Not fixed -

- Bootup time (not that it ever will be)

- Resuming USB playback on switch on. Either it doesn't work at all, and the stick must be unplugged/replugged, or it resumes, but from the first track on the stick.

- BT Calls always switch to map screen

- No way to tell which number relates to which contact

- No way to switch all button beeps off, only Nav ones.

- Speed camera audio alerts are stupidly quiet if music is playing

- Unit won't power up if it's cold (this is probably a hardware issue though)

New issues (!!)

- Starting playback from USB/SD will now always set the navigation "master volume" to max. You can reset it back to normal, but this will only work until the next restart when you play USB/SD again.

- Downloading BT contacts sometimes causes the unit to reboot half way through

I agree with all of the issues mentioned above. I do not have a problem with the FM stations though, when ever i start up, it is always on the same station i left off. My biggest concerns are all of the Navigation issues.

The blank route boxes

not being able to select heading up in 2D mode

The red arrow in 3D mode is TO BIG!!! should be smaller or maybe a car.

I like the IPOD Album art but not on the MAP display.(just my opinion)

In regards to the box in lower left corner (eta, distance...) i found you can get rid of that display if you select full screen cockpit in the settings page. However, the setting always defaults to off everytime you start the car, so you always have to change it.

I read a little about AVIC feeds and not only can you create custom POI's but it has a settings replicator so that you can change the settings for the head unit in the AVIC FEEDs interface screen. It would be nice if they gave more setting options in that interface so you could do more tweaks and change more settings to possibly change the above issues a lot of people are having, this would alleviate pioneer from having to do all of these firmware updates. Then once you have made your setting changes, go out to your car and upload them to the unit via SD card and have a perfectly workng unit!! (yeah right, just a fantasy but nice to dream)

More problems:

1. 8GB SD card is causing freezes and reboots during extended viewing of video (DIVX file). Three times it has froze and rebooted watching three different movies for longer than 30 minutes.

2. Bluetooth has ended two phone calls in the past 24 hrs. I do 1-2 hrs a day of phonecalls while driving each day.