AVIC411.com

Unresolved Issues (After Firmware Update)

Does anyone else have the issue where the route information, distance, time etc is a white text on a very light backround?

I mean I get two inches away and its still hard to read, the only alternative is to bring up that route information full screen.

Is there any way to change the text or back round color of the boxes?

I mean this thing makes you think your blind, but yet I can see and read clarly the text and map every where else.

Hopefully this is fixed in the next update, lets pray there is one because if they can just tweak the rest of these little issues, I think I will be very happy.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I realize that some of these might be wiring issues, but I still doubt it. I'll get around to double checking this weekend.

1) Video playback from my mp3 player (that worked flawlessly on the AVIC-N2) pops up the video in a messy, skewed, badly colored way. Kind of like if you take a picture of a tv when you tried to watch pay per view without paying for it.....Oh, and no audio from it either. Did I have three connections come loose all at once? Doubtful.....

2) Touch screen buttons are slow to operate if at all. Sometimes the touchscreen becomes non-responsive. I have to hit a hardware button, then navigate back to the screen I was using to get the touch screen to work at all.

3) Nav location jumps big time. Despite claiming a strong signal off of 7 satellites, it was jumping from the road I was on, to the next road over, and had me at an altitude of 1500ft when I was actually at about 30'MSL, 6 miles from the beach in S Florida.

4) Of course the boot up speed is pretty nasty, but I can live with it. Until the unit randomly re-booted mid-drive the other day. Again, this could be a lose power wire, but I took my time wiring as much as possible outside the truck first so I'm doubtful that this is it.

I still haven't tried other features yet (bluetooth calling, MSN Direct isn't linking for some reason, video in is still snafu'd, still have to install rear view camera) but so far, I miss the N2 that I had what...four years ago? Was technology really that much better back then in a smaller unit than it is now?

So I realize that some of these might be wiring issues, but I still doubt it. I'll get around to double checking this weekend.

1) Video playback from my mp3 player (that worked flawlessly on the AVIC-N2) pops up the video in a messy, skewed, badly colored way. Kind of like if you take a picture of a tv when you tried to watch pay per view without paying for it.....Oh, and no audio from it either. Did I have three connections come loose all at once? Doubtful.....

I had a AVIC Z2 that had the same issue with the video. But in my case I had sound. On my Z2 it turned out to be a bad connector on the unit itself and we had to replace the whole unit. It did not happen all the time though. When it happened, I was able to fix it (sort of) by unplugging the mp3 player from the connector and plugging it in again over and over again. Eventually it would start working again.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

I had purchased the JVC KW-NX7000 unit. GPS navigation is the most important part of the unit for me. So I returned it immediately when a JVC supervisor confirmed that the unit does NOT have "dead reckoning" capabilities.

When there is a loss of GPS signal (driving through a tunnel or surrounded by tall buildings), dead reckoning employs the use of an internal gyroscope and a connection to the vehicle's speed sensor in order to keep the vehicle pin-pointed on the map. This significantly improves accuracy. The gyroscope tells the unit what direction you're heading and if you're turning, and the speed sensor connection of course tells the unit how fast you're traveling.

$200 windshield mount units do not have dead reckoning capabilities. All factory units, and many aftermarket in-dash units, have dead reckoning. Sadly, the KW-NX7000 nav capabilities are no better than your average $200 windshield-mount unit.

Now I am considering Pioneer's AVIC-F900BT. This unit does indeed have 'dead reckoning'. But I'm still not sure I want to wait 2 minutes everytime I turn the ignition!

I am reading that there are varying boot-up times depending on your preferences. Can someone out there time how long it takes to boot up after ignition with JUST the radio or CD music as the default (no SD card in the slot, no Ipod connection at all, no Satellite radio, no backup cam)?

Under the above scenario, can someone tell me exactly how many seconds after turning the key before you hear music AND can control it-- ability to either change radio stations, or change the CD track?

Before I purchase, I also need to know exactly how many seconds elapse after I turn the ignition before I can fully use the GPS navigation (enter a destination and get going).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 4 months later...

If anyone plays music/videos from sd card,

fast forward does not work... search on videos is nice tho.

When set to random mode, pressing next song goes to the next song in list not next random song

Pull down bar on side used to work and does not anymore. How can you search your song library? They could make this wider as well so it would be more useful. A song search feature would be good too.

No directory listing for videos.

There is no fit to screen feature for videos.

Videos from my zen appear very small.

Sound levels could be normalized as some sound files are very loud and some are very quiet.

You need to go through menus to get to an EQ when it should be one button away

SD card when removed is recognized immediately, but it does not recognize a new card when put in like it should. It would be nice to be able to keep various cards and just change them, but it doesn't work right.

Plugging in my flash drive seems to cause huge problems like massive unresponsiveness, or freezing.

Card loading speed could be improved

Would also like to see play list files so I could make up my own play list... or at least have it recognize winamp play lists.

Aside from navigation, the SD slot and usb ports were huge motivators for my purchase. I would like to see them supported better.

If only the programing could be improved a bit, I would be so much happier with my system.

What is the best way to contact Pioneer about my set of issues? It would be nice if they know about them to fix them.

European version post 2.0010 and bluetooth 3.30 bugs:

1- Bluetooth hiss noise while making a call

2- Frequent sound losses while talking on bluetooth

3- Names noıt displayed if second calls received when talking.

4- Calls drop occasionally when second calls are received.

5- A chime sound occasionally sounds when a call is received

6- SMS Message warning is not displayed (using nokia 6110 navigator)

6-Red arrow moves out of screen and doesn't show until map button is re-pressed

8- When USB Flashdisk is used bootup time and keypresses slow down.

9- When USB Flashdisk is used keypress volumes are lower. They increase if USB disk is detached.

10- Voice Recognition disabled in EU units.

11- Can't we have cover art displayed in USB/SD mode as well?

12- Can't we use playlists in USB/SD mode as well?

13- We need cancel route, poi icons on the main map

14- 3D angle is oddly different to PDS versions. They even see mountains and skies but we can't.

15- Updated version of I-Go to 8.3.2

16- Updated maps (2008-2009?)

17- Keypress lags still exist

18- Slow bootup time

19- Preset stations up and down is jumpy due to lag.

20- Audio outs are unbalanced. Maps sounds are adjustable however radio, music from SD/USB and IPOD, CD and DVD sounds are all at different levels. You can never find an overall harmony between these so keep turning the volume up and down.

21- Bluetooth phone connect times vary

22- Tried stormax 16gb and corsair 8gb usb flash disks ansd they are not recognised.

23- An export/backup function for user created files such as favourites, pois, phonebook, search criteria to avoid data loss during updates.

24- "dead reckoning" option working rather than "gps signal lost" as announced in the launch of F series.

25-More color options then pioneer red and blue

26- Custom skins support

• 2 weeks later...
European version post 2.0010 and bluetooth 3.30 bugs:

24- "dead reckoning" option working rather than "gps signal lost" as announced in the launch of F series.

Hi,

I wonder if anyone has had problems with "Dead Reckoning" on the F900BT? I just got a F900BT installed recently, the installers say that the VSS has been connected, so the Dead Reckoning should work when I don't have a GPS signal...

BUT, when I enter a tunnel or a building (or in the city with tall buildings), once I loose the GPS signal, the unit will say "GPS Signal Lost" and then stop reporting my position and speed. (arrow goes grey, etc)

Seeing the quote above from alien2000a made me think if this might be a software problem?

I have version 2.00000 firmware on my unit... (ver 2.0010 is not available for my region - Australia yet)

Has anyone else experienced similar problems with Dead Reckoning and got it resolved by a firmware update?

BTW, is there a way to tell if the VSS connection is working?

Thanks