AVIC411.com

Unresolved Issues (After Firmware Update)

And again Pioneer drops the ball... still using the Z3... and D3... F90bt both of them doing a great job sitting on the bookshelf... LOL Pioneer has to do better. I read an article that they actually work harder for car manufactures DVD's then their condumer brand. This is because more and more cars have Navs when you buy them... makes sense where is the money...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have most of the issues named.

One other, phone takes too long to be functional. My call is switched to bluetooth on device before device can deal with it. On my last one, it was instant, on this, it takes long enough for someone to hang up on me and freezes more often than not if they do stay on the line.

I have only been playing with the f900bt (sending back this week for the 700) a little tonight after the update and I cant seem to get the voice recognition to work for IPOD. I can change to different artist, or particular playlist. I can say, "Play playlist hip hop." and it will respond "playing ALL playlist"/ Or I can say play genre Acoustic Worship, and it will say "playing all genres."

I have the right ipod cable but I am using the mic I had for my old Z2 (this shouldnt matter because I am able to access other av operations via voice command) --right? Or am I missing something here? Thank you for any assistance. I've already ordered a f700bt for her car, but if this continues, I may cancel the order and go back to a D3..

Try putting the spelling "Acoostic Worship" and see if it works. :) My is picky too and I get that all the time so I have to be creative.

If you have any Depeche Mode, try and get it to play that, you have to say "De Peachy Mode" or for Erasure say "Your A Sure" and she'll get it. Its mainly phonetic I am finding.

:roll:

I posted this in another thread but thought i'd post it in the appropriate thread...

So I just got off the phone with Pioneer relaying the problems i'm having with the unit. I told him ever since the firmware update it has been nothing but problems. The main examples I gave were the touch screen being on a delay, my phone not staying connected, and also dropping my ipod.

He said that the firmware wouldn't have caused any of these to all of a sudden start occuring. He recommended to reinstall the software on the ipod. Yeah, right.

Next, I told him that I got rid of a Z2 to get this unit becuase I thought I was getting the superior unit. He informed me that the F series is an economy unit. So I questioned, "Why then disnt you put the higher resolution and nicer user interface on the the new Z3?" His response: "It won't fit on the screen. I don't know if you knew this but the Z has a different size screen." No shit.

And lastly, the one thing that just made me realize they really let this get out of hand, are the 2 greenish blue squares for the route that never go away. He said they were intentional and they ARE MEANT TO STAY ON THE SCREEN AT ALL TIMES. WTF?

After I told him that I was surprised they put this thing through R&D and were happy with it enough to sell it to the consumer, I kindly hung up telling him I'm getting an eclipse unit now.

Eff you pioneer.

Next, I told him that I got rid of a Z2 to get this unit becuase I thought I was getting the superior unit. He informed me that the F series is an economy unit. So I questioned, "Why then disnt you put the higher resolution and nicer user interface on the the new Z3?" His response: "It won't fit on the screen. I don't know if you knew this but the Z has a different size screen." No shit.

It's because the Z3 is NOT a new unit, It's basically a Z1/Z2 with updated maps and firmware and the like. It's in desperate need up a remodel/makeover. The F series has a higher resolution and better user interface because it's a brand new unit, where as the Z series has had the exact same design since the first Z1 came out, like 3 (or 4?) years ago. Whenever Pioneer decides to re-do (or replace) the Z series, it will most likely have an edge in design over the F-series just as the F-series has an edge in design over it now.

It's because the Z3 is NOT a new unit, It's basically a Z1/Z2 with updated maps and firmware and the like. It's in desperate need up a remodel/makeover. The F series has a higher resolution and better user interface because it's a brand new unit, where as the Z series has had the exact same design since the first Z1 came out, like 3 (or 4?) years ago. Whenever Pioneer decides to re-do (or replace) the Z series, it will most likely have an edge in design over the F-series just as the F-series has an edge in design over it now.

I totally agree with what you're saying and it further validates the point I was trying to make to the Pioneer rep. If the Z-series is supposed to be their flagship unit and the F-series is supposed to be the economy unit, why is the Z-series not superior in all cases? Why did they make minor adjustments to the Z3 compared to the Z2? Couldn't they have put the newer user interface on the Z3?

Regardless, I'm returning mine and getting either the 6620 or the 8120.

an OK interface isnt the only inferior aspect compared to the F. the F has a much better bluetooth setup that actually works, ipod voice command, usb and sd, etc etc, but thats besides the point.

the z3 came out before the F, so they probably didnt really have a need yet to butter up the interface. and with good reason, its only competitor thatd stand a chance against it would be the 8120, and the kenwood doesnt have that great of a resolution either. i think the F's screen are arguably the prettiest and sleekest amongst the double din screens.

but without a doubt the z4 (assuming they dont discontinue the Z like they did the D) will be new and improved, with all the 90bt's features that the z doesnt currently have