AVIC411.com

Ipod doesn't work after update to 900BT

Has anyone else had this problem or have an solution. I have a 900BT and after I did the update it went ok. I had my ipod plugged in and switched to the ipod, I got the screen and vr catalog screen it finished and then when I pushed a tab to change the selection it when to the off stage and stopped working. I looked at the settings and noticed my av 1 setting was none. So i changed it back to ipod and then restarted the car and it recognized it again, then same issue. I turned off the car and then started it up minus the ipod connected to clear maybe any static , then stopped the car, reconnected the ipod and then restarted the car, it doesn't even see the ipod, it just says USB and it symbol on the screen. The ipod worked great without a hitch before the update. Any thougts or clues.

thanks

I reset the ipod back to default and reloaded all the media on it last night, haven't tried yet because my wife took the the suv to work, but would you recommend resetting the nav unit again and if so just hit reset while the car is on and let reboot.

thanks

You can reset the unit, but you shouldn't need to. To do that, hold the reset button in for five seconds.

The most important thing is to go to Settings -> AV Settings -> AV1 Input and make sure it is set to iPod. That settings gets cleared every time the system is reset, so you'll need to go back in and change it to iPod.

Or you have to bypass the unit. But like CMIYC said, that isn't due to the update, your system has been like that the entire time.

lolol i jus searched up n down lookin for a CMIYC until i realized u abbreviated my name.

akita, did the bypass always work before the update? cuz if it did, try un grounding the mute wire, drive around to purposely let it lock you out, and then try regrounding the mute. maybe you hafta show it whos boss and remind it that it is bypassed :lol: