AVIC411.com

Saab 9-5: pictures and install guide

Saab makes aeroplanes, jetfighters, cars, and trucks (Scania)

The jetfighter seems to be a more competitive alternative for the US J.S.F..

The cars section is now build by Opel, which belongs to General Motors... at least untill the end of this month it does :lol:

Some find SAABs boring, others say they are timeless 8)

But SAABs are driven by nice people :wink:

Not quite right ...

50% of Saab was purchased by GM in 1990 and the remaining 50% in 2000.

Saabs are built by Saab ... a GM company.

Opel has never built a Saab.

They do share some parts, but that is it.

Saab, the aviation company, now has nothing at all to do with Saab ... other than to provide the basis in which marketing uses the phrase "Born from Jets.

Sure, the car company was started by 16 aircraft engineers, but that was a long time ago.

You are bang on that Saabs are driven (for the most part) by nice people. :D

...can someone please tell me if they got all 9 speakers to work

Yes, all speakers work just fine (I bought Wulf's car, AVIC system included).

The head unit plugs into the existing amps in the car and they continue to drive the speakers.

• 1 month later...
It's not 9 speakers. SAAB is calling a three way speaker independent...It is a marketing gimmick. It is like me saying that my car has a 13 speaker surround sound system. rather than calling it a 5 speaker system.

Well, lets see,

I have three speakers in my dash (left, center, right, one on each door, and two sub woofers in the hat shelf.

That adds up to 9, as far as I'm concerned, but there are not 9 independent channels, there are four. Front left, front right, rear left and rear right.

The amp creatively mixes these together to make something that actually (IMHO) sounds pretty decent.

Yes, with this AVIC install, all 9 of the speakers work. This is because in this install the AVIC unit uses pre-amp inputs outputs to feed the stock amplifier. The amplifier takes care of anything that communicates with the speakers.

I followed Wulfs directions and they work great.

from what i understand you have the 9 speaker system in your saab...i have a 2003 saab 9-5 with the same stereo set up but i was told only 4 of my speakers would work when this was installed...were you able to get all of your speakers to work?

The F Series have two sets of outputs. One set is amplified and one set is line level line level.

If you use the amplified outputs and wire them right to the speaker wires, not only will only 4 speakers work, but due to the odd impedances of Saab speakers it will not sound right. You will also have no bass as your sub woofers will not be installed.

If you use the line level outputs and feed them into the stock amplifier, the stock amplifier will power all 9 speakers, including the sub woofers. Additionally you will have line level outputs for a sub woofer you can route to an amplified kicker, if scaring small children and waking the dead while you drive by is your thing.