AVIC411.com

Just how hackable ?

..... is the F Series ?

Is there any way to hack MSN Direct for free lifetime sub ?

Maybe someone who bought it can post a dump of their files from WinCE ??

I'm sure it just writes a small file, maybe an *ini or a regedit.

I'm thinking back to my days of the H and HU cards for those who understand :D

Also what are the possibilities of skinning the F Series to produce a more asthetic (sp?) appearance ?

I REALLY miss the entertainment options of my P6800DVD, and AVM-P9000R, the spectrum analyzer was cool as hell.

I also REALLY miss RDS, but I guess an HD tuner will take care of that.

In the world of CarPC's, there are a few different software front ends. Streetdeck comes to mind, and Centra Fuse.

Both are nice, and I think something similar could be done.

I haven't had the time, but I would like to see how much internal memory is available, and what devices can be controlled from WinCE through the USB port.

I think if we have full access to the USB port, we could essentially create a nice system ourselves. Even with the 1min+ boot time, thats not too bad comsidering its a computer ....

From what I've seen, the Windows Mode appears to be running WinCE Explorer, so basically it's as hackable as you can get.

With an ARM processor, you can run many CE apps, maybe Windows Mobile apps as well. You can write programs for it with Visual Studio. IMO, sky's the limit!

The Z-series runs WinCE as well, but it has many limitations such as an extremely limited set of standard CE libraries, no Windows Mode, and the processor is a rare (for CE) SH4 which means it can't run ANY Windows Mobile apps (ARM is the standard for WM). You F-series guys are at a huge advantage for hackability.

I wouldn't be surprised if the MSN Direct thing is more than just an .ini or registry edit. I bet it's got an encrypted key with trial date info embedded.