AVIC411.com

F Series Splash Pics! 800X480

Yeah, unfortunately that's how it is. You could always drive around in test mode :lol: Sure you won't have music/nav.. but hey, why not?

While copying my f900's flash contents to SD, it felt right to have an actual background driving around for that 10 minutes :D

dude123456

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:54 am Post subject:

On my F90 I only see the custom background during the load screen. Is this normal? I really like how the Z shows the background all of the time.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol im using the same one

Posted Images

Hey guys (First Post),

Having my F90BT intstalled on Saturday. Can't wait.

Anyone with internet access and a simple photo editor can create these things. Just takes a little imagination.

How's this for my first attempt going into a Ford F-150?

post-21033-12872754988831_thumb.jpg

Hey guys (First Post),

Having my F90BT intstalled on Saturday. Can't wait.

Anyone with internet access and a simple photo editor can create these things. Just takes a little imagination.

How's this for my first attempt going into a Ford F-150?

Looks great man. I bet you'll enjoy testing it out once your F90BT gets installed.

I did a lot of experimenting with the size for F series splash screens and found that 1920 x 1150 is the perfect size. It is true that 800 x 600 works, but the system actually scales that to fit and some things seem stretched when scaled to fit.

I'm gonna have to disagree. I tried using your 1920x1150 approach and it worked great when previewing the splash screen through my USB, it showed full scale on the screen with high resolution. However, after saving it and turning the car off and on to see the results it only showed a smaller version leaving a large black border around the image.

After realizing 1920x1150 was a disappointment, I tried 800x600. Now the results were reversed. During preview through the USB the image was only a small square in the middle. But after saving and turning the car on and off, the splash screen was in full size and left no empty black borders on the sides.

If i took the wrong steps please let me know. But i used photoshop and the image restraints you recommended.