AVIC411.com

Z2 / Z3 How to upload backgrounds

Ok How do I do this for a Z2/Z3? I have files moved to a folder called pictures, Burned it all to a CD ROM with lots of other files (my entire pic library) the upload pics button is still greyed out however. Help me crack the code. I was able to modify my wifes D2 with PIMs and the ISO procedure. This should be an easier process with the Z2 as all the formats are JPGs or jpgs correct? What Am I doing wrong? Did I miss a page in the manual???

Help

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To close this post out (maybe a MOD can make a sticky?)

I figured this out myself

You need to create a CD-RW Disc

Make sure all the pictures you want to load are in a JPG or jpg format only

Make sure all your pictures are 500X240 in size so they will fit the screen

Create a folder called "Pictures" and put in all your picture files in that folder

Now load 100Meg of junk files onto another folder on the ROM your about the burn or your DVD will not be able to read the CD properly. Dont put more than 8 directories on the disc!!!

Do not use any MP3s or sound files as part of your Junk data (important)

Now you are ready to burn your Disc, make sure you select complete in one sesson option. If you dont load it up with 100meg of junk files this procedure will NOT work.

Take completed Disc and load it into you HU

Press Menu then Settings then change background pictures

Choose load from Disc function. You have three screen options for a background change. The splashscreen, Av Background and Nav Background

Happy motoring. I wish somebody had taken the time to tell me how to do this last week. GC