AVIC411.com

Z2 / Z3 How to upload backgrounds

i have tried this over and over on the z1, i followed every step and it still wont let me import an image from the disc, i've made to folders one PICTURES and another with a bunch of junk that totaled out to 120MB so i have no idea why i can't import an image, all my images are 500x240. does anyone know why it wouldn't let me import an image? :(

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Z2 and followed the guide in the main post here to the letter. When I put the disk and try to load a background, it says (approximately something like):

"Pictures folder not found. Create a /Pictures folder.'

Obviously, the folder is there, the pictures are in it, are the correct size, named Picture1.jpg, etc, the junk .txt file is outside the /Pictures folder and.. yea, I don't know what's wrong. Help!

I have a Z2 and followed the guide in the main post here to the letter. When I put the disk and try to load a background, it says (approximately something like):

"Pictures folder not found. Create a /Pictures folder.'

Obviously, the folder is there, the pictures are in it, are the correct size, named Picture1.jpg, etc, the junk .txt file is outside the /Pictures folder and.. yea, I don't know what's wrong. Help!

Did you use Windows built in burning software or a third party software? The Z does not like the stock windows burning software.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I HAVE Z1 AND DONT REALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT U MEAN BY LOAD 100MEG JUNK INTO CD?

You can't upload custom backgrounds to the Z1. You will have to upgrade to Z2 or Z3 software in order to add custom backgrounds. The instuctions for adding the custom backgrounds are in the Z2/Z3 owner's manual (free download at Pioneerelectronics.com) and the beginning of this thread.

• 1 month later...

i've tryed 3 or 4 cd-r there must be something i am doing wrong on the burn.

ERik

just use a cd-r not a cd-rw and the size 500x240 is stupid it you have a 7' screen i use 1000x500 for my z2 and it fits the entire screen you can make it that size with photoshop and burn with nero as a data disk and dont for get you dummy file should have just pdf. files in it 100mb you can download a bunch of pdf manuals from pionner ive been on this site for two day and it seems like i cant find any real help with anything

• 2 months later...

So the guide worked perfect using Nero. I created a folder called pictures and put a total of 25 JPG files in there and a a total of 7 RAR files in the root which totaled 110mbs.

The Z1 (running Z3 firm) recognized the CD-R; however, when i went to import the images it will display all 25 JPGs yet I was only able to select one of them (lexus logo), any other images which are all at 500x240 will say "file corrupted" which i would click on them. All the file sizes vary between 28 to 60kbs

Any ideas?

Yes you cheated to save time. Follow my guidance exactly you need to load a folder with 100megs of junk files not rar files in the root directory. They have to be in a folder.

If that was the case I dont see why would it let me see one of the images which i've been using since its the only one that it lets me choose, every other image says corrupt but I'll try again if you say i cheated.

Thanks,