AVIC411.com

Z2 / Z3 How to upload backgrounds

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Garret if it wouldn't be too much trouble could you also post instructions on how to load backgrounds onto the hdd, and then access them from the unit? I tried doing it myself but the only way I can get them to load into memory is by going the CD route, but I'd like to just load them once onto my hdd and be forever done with it. Thanks.

There are a lot of ways to put them directly on the hard drive, but I don't recommend anyone to do this unless they know how to reimage their hard drive (just in case). I have not done a lot of research but this is what I DO know, and how I do it:

Hard drive MUST be unlocked.

Image must be BMP format 500x240 pixels and 24 bit color. File size should be 351kb.

Images can be saved on the LDATA (map partition):

LDAT\BG\PREINSTALL

By default, there are 15 preinstalled backgrounds. I have tried to put more than 20, but that does not work. If you want to add more than 5 custom backgrounds, then you need to remove some of the stock ones (so there are 20 or less in this directory). I have added a directory called 'stock' and I move the factory images rather than delete them. You can not select any images in the subdirectories, but you can store them for later use.

This is what I know at this time. If you have time for more troubleshooting, please post your results.

If your system says Disk Unreadable, and you're using a CD-RW, your disc may be going bad. If you're using a CD-R, you definitely burned it wrong.

i've tryed 3 or 4 cd-r there must be something i am doing wrong on the burn.

ERik

Did you follow my directions? If you dont have 100Meg of junk files on the CDRW when you burn it in one sesson it wont work. GC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Please help.

I'm using a CD-R (I've tried a few). I have loaded 2 of my own photos and one from this site into a directory called Pictures and I have added a data file greater than 100MB to the root. When I put the disc in the Z3 it recognizes the disc (Checking DISC msg) and it finishes with a message CD-ROM Inserted. However the button to load the images from disc is still not available.

Is the problem a result of the disc being "CLOSED" and not "FINALIZED"? What else should I try?

Please help.

I'm using a CD-R (I've tried a few). I have loaded 2 of my own photos and one from this site into a directory called Pictures and I have added a data file greater than 100MB to the root. When I put the disc in the Z3 it recognizes the disc (Checking DISC msg) and it finishes with a message CD-ROM Inserted. However the button to load the images from disc is still not available.

Is the problem a result of the disc being "CLOSED" and not "FINALIZED"? What else should I try?

You have to finalize the disc, and be sure you do not use MP3 or audio files as "data filler" files...

You cannot use a CD-R (-RW) containing MP3

files or Audio data (CD-DA part) for importing

pictures.

❒ When storing pictures on a CD-R (-RW), create

a folder named “Pictures†in the CD-R

(-RW), and store the picture files in this folder.

(Up to 200 picture files can be used in total,

including pictures that are already stored in

the hard disk drive and pictures in the CD-R

(-RW).)

❒ When you burn a CD-R (-RW), limit the

number of folder hierarchy levels to eight.

❒ You can only use a CD-R (-RW) finalised with

single-session for importing pictures.

❒ You can only use a CD-R (-RW) finalised with

“Mode1†for importing pictures.

❒ Only JPEG format (“.jpg†or “.JPGâ€) pictures

can be used. Progressive format JPEG pictures

cannot be used.

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys. i am having a problem. i have a picture that i want as a background that i put in a folder named "Pictures". I also have a dummy file that is 100mb. When i go to burn it in nero, i finalize it and everything. When i put it into my Z2 it says JPEG file is cuppurt. Does anybody know what the problem would be? And i am using Nero Start Smart to burn it. Do i burn it as a data disc? Funny thing is i did this a few months ago and it worked lol.

• 4 weeks later...

i used nero express 7 and i used 100 mb of exe files is that ok? i dont know what u mean about 1 stage burning or finalizing, i jsut burnt it like i normally would, any way.. i was able to pull up the file name on the HU but when i would select it it would say file is corrupt. its a .jpg

also, i chose the option "close disk(no further data can be added)

thats finalizing right?

i burned it using a data disk