AVIC411.com

AVIC-F90BT -vs- AVIC-Z3

I'm in the midst of buying one or the other... I've heard a lot of bad things about the F90 in comparrison to the AVIC-z3..

In my opinion the F90BT looks a lot more up to date, esp with the msn direct & IPOD Album art shown on the screen. Am I wrong or is their a specific reason it's so much cheaper than the Z3 on the pioneer website? I hardly doubt the difference is the harddrive? Someone please enlighten me which one is a better product and why.

Which one is better is really relevant to what are the most important features to you.

If you like burning standard cd's to the built in hard drive than Z3 is the best. Cannot burn music to F series.

If you use an iPOD and want video capabilities plus album art and voice activation of iPOD than F series is best.

The Z series does not do iPOD videos and its iPOD controls are not as nice as the F series but they do work.

The Z series boot time is much faster.

Z series has a much bigger screen 7 Inch versus F series 5.8

Z3 mapping is much better than F series. Z3 has smart route learning (see Pioneer website for description), F series does not.

F series has built in SD card slot and USB (if USB is not being used for iPOD), Z3 can use optional USB adapter.

F900BT has built in MSN Direct for Traffic, Weather, Gas Prices, Movie Times.

Z3 needs optional XM Navtraffic tuner for Traffic and or XM Radio only (no Movie times or gas prices or weather).

When using Ipod on an F series the AV1 input cannot be used for external source (such as Factory video system or external DVD player)

Z3 can do iPOD and still use AV1 input for whatever you want.

Z3 has true dual zone capability. F series cannot do dual zone. (dual zone can be used to listen to music off hard drive or Radio or satellite etc. from front speakers while playing DVD from unit onto rear monitors with sound going to wireless headphones.

F series has built in Bluetooth.

Z series Bluetooth adapter is optional and doesn't have as many features as F series but it does work well.

Z series has voice recognition for most all features including navigation and it has a an address book that you can manually add people and phone numbers to and you can edit that address book and call people from it by voice.

F series cannot edit contacts or manually add them and voice recognition capabilities are limited. No voice control for navigation.

Both series have some great points, only you can decide which is best for you.