AVIC411.com

Pioneer updated their firmware instructions!

Maybe, maybe not. It doesn't really matter, it only took me 10 minutes to do the update. No biggie. I wouldn't wait to see, I would buy one and upgrade as needed.

I *think* the map version is different with this newer version than when first realeased a few days ago too.

The new firmware update method still did not restore my TTS! Here is a rundown of what I see when I try their updating method:

Step 8-3. I only have the top three voices in my menu, no TTS options are even present.

Step 8-4. This menu is entirely blank and I have no voices listed here at all.

Step 8-6. The three options are listed in this menu, and I am able to tap on Samantha, however, once I do, it immediately takes me back to The Voice Language menu (Step 8-3 menu) and Samantha is still not listed as an option. It is the same with all three TTS languages.

I am glad that Pioneer is attempting to fix this issue, however this only shows their lack of testing on actual units in different scenarios.

Tried to do the update, obviosly it didn't start because I already have the newest firmware. I tried the TTS steps, updated each TTS, english, spanish, french. Restarted the unit. Still no TTS with Samantha is selected, or any other TTS language! This is pissing me off to no end. On a lighter side, Bluetooth works PERFECT after the update, people hear me loud and clear when I'm on the freeway, or sitting in my driveway. One problem fixed, and other one arises. :evil:

Tried to do the update, obviosly it didn't start because I already have the newest firmware. I tried the TTS steps, updated each TTS, english, spanish, french. Restarted the unit. Still no TTS with Samantha is selected, or any other TTS language! This is pissing me off to no end. On a lighter side, Bluetooth works PERFECT after the update, people hear me loud and clear when I'm on the freeway, or sitting in my driveway. One problem fixed, and other one arises. :evil:

sooooo glad this was fixed...i was ecstatic when i got a call while driving 80+ on the highway and was actually able to have a convo w/o static or my dad askin me to repeat what i had just said!!

but yea i'll have to get an SD Card reader sometime this week and try to restore my TTS...

The update info/version hasn't changed, they just added a step in the instructions.

The map and firmware versions are the exact same as they were from day 1 of the firmware update. Hell, Map Version: 1.000200 has been on the unit since before the update was even released, it came with the unit from the factory.

Maybe, maybe not. It doesn't really matter, it only took me 10 minutes to do the update. No biggie. I wouldn't wait to see, I would buy one and upgrade as needed.

I *think* the map version is different with this newer version than when first realeased a few days ago too.

I already bought the updated version from AL Eds. It came yesterday. I'm going to install it right now :D

I will have to look this evening when I get back to my truck but, Samantha had automatically switched to Jason after the initial update and the only reason I noticed was because I input a destination and it was back to the dude's voice.

I went through all the settings and found in the Language section that it still said Samantha but was Jason. So, I just started recklessly poking things.

I figured I would select Jason and then reselect Samantha...kinda line things back up you know? Nothing scientific and its really fuzzy in my memory but I think that is all I did and the TTS was back and working, comma was fixed and everything. Bluetooth was awesome but I still had the STUPID shadow boxes on the NAV screen!

I guess this is my long-winded way of saying I lost her and got her back without doing the second update. Anyone think there is anything other than the TTS fix in this second download?

P.S. I just found this thread in the forum

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16637

Sounds like what I did. Maybe it helps some of you out.