AVIC411.com

Pioneer's web site says that this (CNDV-80MT) upgrade is "coming in August" so I ordered it for my N3. Unfortunately the order status says it's 60+ days out. I called customer service this morning and they have no idea, but the rep told me she expected it sometime in September.

The good news it that it's listed for $120 on the parts order, which is way better than the $250 they charge for the current upgrade.

Someone at Pioneer probably knows when this will be out but they don't talk to the people in Customer Service(!). I'll post a review when it finally comes in.

regards

~Marc

Pioneer's web site says that this (CNDV-80MT) upgrade is "coming in August" so I ordered it for my N3. Unfortunately the order status says it's 60+ days out. I called customer service this morning and they have no idea, but the rep told me she expected it sometime in September.

The good news it that it's listed for $120 on the parts order, which is way better than the $250 they charge for the current upgrade.

Someone at Pioneer probably knows when this will be out but they don't talk to the people in Customer Service(!). I'll post a review when it finally comes in.

regards

~Marc

Yesterday I received a letter from Pioneer that basically stated the upgrade disc is on backorder and will remain so until shippable unless canceled by me. So the waiting begins, but we know the price is $120 - at least for now.

regards

~Marc

• 2 weeks later...

regards

~Marc

Yesterday I received a letter from Pioneer that basically stated the upgrade disc is on backorder and will remain so until shippable unless canceled by me. So the waiting begins, but we know the price is $120 - at least for now.

regards

~Marc

cant wait for someone to rip it and post the torrent on here. The 70MT disks are the biggest piece of garbage I have ever used. Its given me directions that take an hour longer on road trips. Its city directions in DC are HORRIBLE, it's taken me to the wrong spot so many times ive had to go back to yahoo maps to get directions. If only I could use the old 40MT disks again, those never led me astray

Thats odd. I have used both now.. and seem to take the exact same route each time... maybe you got a bad burn??

I recently upgraded to the 70 series program on my N3 and it works very well. That have been times that I knew a faster way to get to a destination, but the path it chooses isn't bad, and as soon as I fail to follow the N3 it recalculates and figures out the same path. The expanded city view (where available) is really neat, and it even shows the greens on local golf courses. I don't play golf, but I think it's a cool feature.

regards

~Marc

I just called and was told their on backorder and not scheduled to ship until late September early Ocatober. I was also informed that the POI isn't upgraded from the 70 series. The only update they did is the map. That's why there selling it so cheap. Next year a whole new version is coming up which will be arund the $200+ mark. So I then asked what happens with the new N5 units. Basically it's got the upgraded maps on the 80 series but the POI's of the 70. If that makes sense.