AVIC411.com

Uninstalling Avic N1 reinstalling stock

Hey all,

quick question.

I had to uninstall my N1 unit and send it in for the flex cable repair. I asked Pioneer how long it would take and they mentioned 2 weeks.

So now my car has no audio for the next 2 weeks so i figured Id try and put the stock unit back in.

Problem is, when I bought the car, it came with the N1 unit... I never saw the installation and never played with the wiring or anything at all.

When trying to reinstall my stock deck, the proper cable connectors are obviously not there...

My question is for those who have installed these units... does it require you to modify the stock connectors to fit the N1 connectors? Or are my stock connectors and cables somewhere in the dashboard and have nothing to do with the installation of the N1 unit?

Thanks!

Hey all,

quick question.

I had to uninstall my N1 unit and send it in for the flex cable repair. I asked Pioneer how long it would take and they mentioned 2 weeks.

So now my car has no audio for the next 2 weeks so i figured Id try and put the stock unit back in.

Problem is, when I bought the car, it came with the N1 unit... I never saw the installation and never played with the wiring or anything at all.

When trying to reinstall my stock deck, the proper cable connectors are obviously not there...

My question is for those who have installed these units... does it require you to modify the stock connectors to fit the N1 connectors? Or are my stock connectors and cables somewhere in the dashboard and have nothing to do with the installation of the N1 unit?

Thanks!

it depends on if they hardwired it or used wiring harnesses. if they used a harness your stock plugs should be right there....if theyre not, chances are they hardwired it and you would need at least basic knowledge and alot of patience to get the OEM connectors and install them

CatchMe,

youre right, they were there... well, at least the power one was.

I connected it and the stereo got power, but there was nothing coming from the speakers...

do you happen to know if the Avic unit requires any work with the speaker cables? When i try connecting my stock unit, the only cable I could find was the "power" cable... do stock decks typically have a "speaker" cable or is that usually in the same head as the power?

CatchMe,

youre right, they were there... well, at least the power one was.

I connected it and the stereo got power, but there was nothing coming from the speakers...

do you happen to know if the Avic unit requires any work with the speaker cables? When i try connecting my stock unit, the only cable I could find was the "power" cable... do stock decks typically have a "speaker" cable or is that usually in the same head as the power?

the speakers wires consist of 8 wires, 2 per quadrant.

front left is white

front right is gray

rear left is green

rear right is purple

look for those 8 wires and let me know

and you wont be able to get sound to your amp for the sub with the stock radio. stock radios dont have RCA outputs. youd have to buy and install a special piece to enable them

Thats fine if the amp and stuff doesnt work... I just want music for these 10 days while the unit is getting repaired

This is what I have in front of me...

2w7e5b4.jpg

#1 is what gives power to my stock cd player

#2, 3 and 4 connect only to the Avic unit, and I have no clue what they do :lol:

But the stock deck is only powering up, no music sound coming from speakers

looks like there is a 4 channel amp in the car? if so, it all depends on how that was installed. if they ran the wires from the amp to the back of the radio and tagged the speaker wires there, then you should be able to get sound if you unplug the harness that plugged into the stock one. but if the wires are going from the amp to the speakers directly, then youll have to rewire the system before you will get sound.

looks like there is a 4 channel amp in the car? if so, it all depends on how that was installed. if they ran the wires from the amp to the back of the radio and tagged the speaker wires there, then you should be able to get sound if you unplug the harness that plugged into the stock one. but if the wires are going from the amp to the speakers directly, then youll have to rewire the system before you will get sound.

good call i didnt even notice that all i saw was that green speaker wire. so assuming it is a 4 channel and those and the front and rear rcas hows he gonna get any sound if his stock deck has no rca output?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...