AVIC411.com

Too scared to get a new system

Man, I had my heart set on a D3 or F-series, but then reading this forum made me realize I was just begging for trouble. I park in my driveway, and I don't have the money for a Viper along with everything else. So I just ordered an OEM 6-disc changer with aux input for my Frontier...good enough for me I guess.

Sucks that the world is getting more and more violent and twisted.

true, i work on at least one or two cars a day that have had their radio stolen. i work in san bernardino, ca...which is crime infested among other wonderful cities in southern california. it has to do with the car as well. some cars are easier to break into than others. like hondas and f150s are easy to pop the lock without having to break the window.

i hooked up my alarm to a siren and my horn to make as much noise as possible if someone were to break in.

i think that if you are able to make a stealth faceplate of an oem radio to go over your nav, then your chances of keeping your radio are much higher. most thieves will glance in and see if theres anything valuable to steal or not. if all they see is the oem radio face, then hopefully they'll move on. I ALWAYS turn the screen off when i get near my destination, so nobody can see the glow of it at night. also i always turn everything down, so it doesnt draw attention.

but i agree to invest in an alarm anyways...its a preventative measure. it just makes it harder for the thief. if you were able to afford a d3 or f series, then you should surely be able to afford a quality alarm with install.

true, i work on at least one or two cars a day that have had their radio stolen. i work in san bernardino, ca...which is crime infested among other wonderful cities in southern california.

thats another thing to consider, is location. i live on Long Island, NY, in a fairly decent neighborhood, and i have no tints, no aftermarket alarm and AVIC411.com decals on my side windows, but my car's never been touched.

a great thing to look into would be like offroader said, the stealth faceplate. or if you have a unit cover in your vehicle like the TC has..

2008-scion-tc-interior.jpg

thats another thumbs up. but invest in an alarm without a doubt

• 2 months later...