AVIC411.com

F900 Bypass - Unit Warranty

Hey Guys,

I have been reading the bypass thread a lot and I did not see anyone saying anything about removing a security tape from the pioneer system in order to bypass the system.

I spoke to my local shop and he said that in order to bypass the unit, a security tape will need to be removed in order to solder the wire or something of that sort. He said that its how its done with all of the AVIC's.

I hope that he is talking about all the previous AVIC units and not the F series since I would like to keep my warranty just in case. :?

Can anyone confirm this, or give ne input on this from their experience which will be greatly helpful ASAP as i am going to be installing my system this saturday. Perhaps I should just switch the wires on the white pin bymyself and tell him to ground two wires..

THANKS A LOT!!!

No security tape removal necessary. In fact, you don't have to do a thing to the unit itself... just move a wire on it's wiring harness, and ground two wires. And no, the bypass will not void the unit's warranty, because there's no way for Pioneer to know if it was bypassed or not.

• 2 weeks later...