AVIC411.com

Properly naming 'new' mp3 files before copying to Z3

I usually don't care about 'proper' naming of my MP3s since I usually only listen to them on my computer, but now that I am transferring these songs to my Z3 I need to stay on top of things.

Currently I will download albums and each song is named properly, but there is no official 'nametag' on the file and when I copy the CD to the Z3 the files show up as a date and time. I assume this will only happen for files newer than the March 2008 Gracenote.

What would be the best way to apply the correct tag to my music so it will transfer properly?

Is there a program that will scan a folder of music and do all this for me?

Thanks.

If you burn your mp3's as an audio cd so that you can copy it to the library, be sure to use a burning program that supports "cd-text". This will give you the opportunity to tweak the song names (usually extracted from the file name) prior to burning. The AVIC will read the 'cd-text' and apply the correct song names to the library.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've decided to go with Cloudbrain's FixTunes.

There are a few others out there that work, but FixTunes integrates best with iTunes so I'm still with it.

I've still had a few problems getting the album title to show up, and it is just saying "unknown album" and I have to change it on the Z3.