AVIC411.com

HD Radio Tuner

The AvicF900BT can take a HD tuner great!! but uhh does anyone know where to install the receiver? same place as my GPS receiver? or does it have to go outside the vehicule? if that's the case is there after market BMW style antenas out there I can use to cover up the ugly black square and pigtail?

The HD tuner just uses your car's OEM antenna. Mount the HD radio unit inside/under your dashboard and connect your factory antenna to it. You might need to buy an antenna splitter to run the antenna to both the HD radio tuner as well as the F900 if you want to still use the MSN feature.

Yeah Future Shop is going to do the install they said I needed the splitter and a harness for the golf to pioneer connection which is good. I was just under the impression that the HD Tunner came with this cube that looked like the GPS receiver from the 900bt. and I was hoping that it didn't need to go outside the car.

Totally off topic: I got a euro switch for the golf mk4 which didn't come with fogs in the headlights but an aftermarket head that I bought does, you think they have the same wire harness in the vehicle or do I gotta pass a wire to each headlight for the fogs to work?

doesn't need a reply I'm searching vwvortex but hey you never know.

thanks for the info.