AVIC411.com

i have compared the updates 1600 and the 1900 and so far as i can see only the parrot.dll and parrot.ini files are different. also that girl (loading.bmp) is removed from the data.zip file.

if you open the Release.txt file you can check the versions of those files.

since my mobile battery was flat i couldn't test the bluetooth yet.

any other eu user tested the bluetooth with this new 1900 version?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing they can't just patch that one single file. Are you saying they made you reload the ENTIRE os from scratch over 200mb's just for two tiny files?

That's like Microsoft making you reinstall windows everytime a patch came out, talk about wasting time, bandwidth and making things more difficult then they need to be.

see it your self.

just extract those 1600 & 1900 files in different folders and compare.

anyway, i noted that after i started the avic-f900bt (previous listen to a radio station) the radio started playing and i could control the volume after a couple seconds! :D even with the message bar still in place. improvement?

...i noted that after i started the avic-f900bt (previous listen to a radio station) the radio started playing and i could control the volume after a couple seconds! :D even with the message bar still in place. improvement?

I thought you could always do that. I normally put the volume at a 'safe' level before turning off the car, so I may not have noticed that this wasn't possible before the update.

This also works with other sources. I know I've listened to CD audio and XM while playing around in 'testmode'. You can't do anything other than adjust the volume, but it's nicer than having to listen to silence while 'hacking'... 8)

-Eric

the card i got in the mail is suppose to have the newest update on it..but when i try to update from the 600 update it starts up as if it's already updated...any ideas?

What do you mean "from the 600 update"? Did you already install firmware 1.001700 that was released a few weeks ago?

I did a quick search of the forum, but didn't find any mention of a 2nd update for the f90 except that one's coming. So here's what I found, NOT confirmed, but thought I would share it.

There's a stereo shop in town that I've been visiting so that I can get a glimse of the f series (still haven't seen it yet). Again, no go today (not on display) BUT the guy behind the counter said that he had the second update that he just received in this mornings mail. I asked him 3 times and he confirmed that it was both the second and that it was for f90.

Can anyone else confirm this? I've read a lot of the release in Europe but not here in US...?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello i didnt even realise this was a second update but i have just installed it and to be honest the 2 things that annoy me most are still there, my ipod (5th Gen) still randomly dies even though its always plugged in and its fine when its just working normally, just turns itself off randomly which switches the source off which in turn pisses me off and then from either 5seconds to 5 minutes later turns it back on and switches the source back on.

Also no voice control for us EU customers i dont even know if they will ever bring that back

The bluetooth in my opinion on my 3G iphone has got worse but it does actually ring through the speakers where as before i could only hear it when they answered.

The blue boxes are still there and it still has the robots as the TTS voices.

Other than that not much seems diffrent i think the screen is a little more responsive but that may just be my nails need cutting.

any idea if the VR will be added again for us europeans or not?

Ant

DTMF http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DTMF

i have asked pioneer about this but still no answer from them...

answer from pioneer uk:

Response (RJFCS) - 01/09/2008 01:34 PM

Hi,

Thanks for your email.

After extended discussions with our European service centre it has been found that dial tones can not be reproduced by the headunit.

Regards.

Customer Relations

PIONEER GB LIMITED

This response is provided in good faith but Pioneer GB Ltd cannot warrant the accuracy or completeness of information given, its suitability for any particular purpose and it may contain technical or typographical errors. All liability of Pioneer howsoever arising is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.

Speaking of the second update, anyone heard any news? shouldn't it be out by now? I've been patient but it is starting to get thin, i am actually looking around at different units. I would like to believe that pioneer is going to send out a nice big update and fix everything, this unit has a lot of potential, hope it comes out soon.