AVIC411.com

AVIC "F" Series Bypass (Picture Guide)

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey everyone. First poster newb here. I have a few questions/scenarios that I need answers to by this Friday 10/10 when I'm getting my F90BT installed. I would prefer to do the hardware bypass, just in case if/when new software comes out and it possibly overrides a software bypass.

1. Does the hardware bypass work with models that have pioneer's patch?

2. In case the hardware bypass ceases to work later down the road, would a software patch work, since the parking brake is already grounded from doing a hardware bypass? (i guess this one's more involved since it may depend on what caused the hardware bypass to break.

(wrong area to post this but....

3. I do want to order the PAC SWI-PS http://www.crutchfield.com/S-K6HRZEOm48V/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?i=127SWIPS, but I was just curious what my steering wheel "track up/track down" will control. Is it CD's, IPOD, DVD, or all of the above? Just curious if it's a generic track up/track down across the board.

Thanks!

I was wondering if you guys can help. I recently recieved a 700bt and followed the wire bypass as posted and grounded the mute and the PB wire together to the radio ground. I have tried to watch video and get the same PB not grounded properly. Any Suggestions?

Thanks

Check your connections, something is wrong with the bypass.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I am in Europe and have a AVIC F900BT (european model).

I understand everything, I did the software bypass without any problem.

The only problem I've got is this : Can someone explain practically how to ground the parking brake ?

Here is how I did it : In my car, there is a cable starting from the parking brake. I attached to this cable the one from my F900 unit in order to watch DVD while the parking brake is on. And everything is ok.

Now, in order to ground the parking brake wire, I attached a cable from the ground wire (black) of my F900 unit, to the parking brake wire. In consequence, my parking brake has now two cables attached to it.

The result I get is now : whether I drive or not, impossible to watch a movie, I always receive the message that I can not watch TV while driving.

Did I do something wrong ? Maybe, since there are two cables attached to the PB wire, one must be bofre the other ???

Any help is welcome, thanks !

Thanks a lot, it worked !!! I just don't understand why ? The parking brake wire is supposed to send some low voltage stream when the parking brake is on. That way, the unit knows PB is turned on, and allow you to watch TV. So why grounding the parking brake cable included in the unit F900 would "simulate" a low voltage stream ?

Anyway, thanks again !

Maybe someone has an idea...

So, I ground the parking brake wire this morning. After doing so, I confirmed that I could operate the navigation settings and functions, set a destination, etc WITHOUT engaging the parking brake.

Next, I updated my DATA.zip (I already have a backup on my computer) so that the parking brake speed is set to 128.0, booted in test mode, and replaced the DATA.zip with my now updated copy. I have no other modifications to the software. From my testing, it seems that once I cross 10 miles per hour or so the unit notifies me that the parking brake wire is not properly connected and then it disables certain functions until I've slowed down almost to a stop.

I tried changing the value again to 256.0 but that didn't seem to help. I'm still getting the same issue. I thought I could do the "software" bypass to get around having to ground the mute wire.

Anyone have any thoughts? Is there another copy of the ini file somewhere that is being read instead? I'm pretty sure the wire is ground properly as I used the same method/location as I did with my older Pioneer HU.

Thanks in advance.

Maybe someone has an idea...

So, I ground the parking brake wire this morning. After doing so, I confirmed that I could operate the navigation settings and functions, set a destination, etc WITHOUT engaging the parking brake.

Thanks in advance.

If you've already grounded the parking break, why not just grab the mute and ground that too while your back there? Moving the wire is really quite simple.

Thanks - I had already decided to try that and just did so. Still seeing the same behavior. I'm not sure why this is so difficult - I'm grounding the wires in the same way. I see it work until I'm moving over 10 mph or so and then the warning message, etc.

In my older Pioneer unit I just ground the parking brake wire to something metal and voila.

Oh well, guess it's not really the end of the world...