AVIC411.com

AVIC "F" Series Bypass (Picture Guide)

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anybody discovered wether the brake bypass wire must be connected DIRECTLY to a chassis ground?

I moved my mute wire to the 4th pin in (on the other row) of the F90 header (as detailed on 411 forum) and attached the other end to the ground lead of my truck header but I still get the warning. shouldn't the ground off my truck header be good enough?

help.....

Has anybody discovered wether the brake bypass wire must be connected DIRECTLY to a chassis ground?

I moved my mute wire to the 4th pin in (on the other row) of the F90 header (as detailed on 411 forum) and attached the other end to the ground lead of my truck header but I still get the warning. shouldn't the ground off my truck header be good enough?

help.....

It doesn't make a bit of difference. As long as you connect the parking brake and transplanted mute wires to something that ties into the negative side of the battery, it will work fine. Chassis ground, existing ground wire for the radio, etc - they'll all work fine. There's really no reason not to just tap them into the existing negative wire.

help.....

Usually, when we see this issue, it is because the pin was damaged during removal, or not correctly inserted back into the connector shell. Check the former mute pin that you moved.

Hello all. Yes I am new and this is my first post. I have been reading this forum for a week straight about new 900bt . My main interest has been the dvd while driving bypass. I have read the forum about how to do the mod by moving the mute wire and have completed the task. Now when I ground the newly placed mute wire and green brake wire to a 10 guage ground wire going straight to one of the bolts holding my passenger seat to the frame. Should be a sufficient ground. However I get the same message " Viewing of front seat video source while driving is strictly prohibited" I can hear sound from the dvd but no picture. I know that this means "my wiring is wrong" or I damaged the pin, when moving the mute wire. I have removed the mute wire again to inspect and it looks fine. Goes back into the harness snugly. But again same message. I have yet to see video on my unit. Please any help would be so appreciated my head is going to explode if I have to keep uninstalling and installing my deck. Thanks to any and all who help me resolve this.

Okay so I figured it out.... With a little bit of research. Unknown to me my f900bt is slightly different. I bought it used from a guy who had it in his scion xb. So it was a factory add on. On another forum I saw a post saying the light green parking brake wire was actually red and white on these f900bt decks. I changed the wires and voila dvd popped right up when I turned it on. Two days of total frustration.... So to anyone who has a scion xb pioneer avic 900bt deck the green parking brake lead is in fact red and white not green the green is I guess a speed sensor wire? Thats what the other forum said. Just wanted to give you all a heads up. :D

I've read the posts and FAQs but still have a question. I've done the bypass on a F90BT. The DVD works fine now along with entering addresses while driving. However my brake light flashes while driving and is on steady while parked. Like it thinks the brakes are set. It seems to be grounded fine. Any ideas or is this normal operation with the bypass?

Thanks for any help.

I've read the posts and FAQs but still have a question. I've done the bypass on a F90BT. The DVD works fine now along with entering addresses while driving. However my brake light flashes while driving and is on steady while parked. Like it thinks the brakes are set. It seems to be grounded fine. Any ideas or is this normal operation with the bypass?

Thanks for any help.

This has been covered several times in these forums. You need to cut the parking brake wire from the radio where it connects to your car's parking brake wire. Then ground the wire from the radio.

Thanks for any help.

This has been covered several times in these forums. You need to cut the parking brake wire from the radio where it connects to your car's parking brake wire. Then ground the wire from the radio.

Just to add to that... You should not touch your car's parking brake wire at all. Leave it alone. All you need to do is move the mute wire, then connect it and the radio's parking brake wire to ground.

I'm attempting to do the hardware bypass on my new F90BT. I was able to easily get the mute wire out of the harness using a dental pick to release the wire & pin. But now I can't seem to get pin to go all the way into the connector in the new position. Is there a trick to doing this that I'm missing? I don't want to break the wire or the pin. I've tried lifting the plastic clip on the connector a little bit with the pick, but I still can't get it to slide all the way in. Any thanks for any help or suggestions to resolve this.

I'm attempting to do the hardware bypass on my new F90BT. I was able to easily get the mute wire out of the harness using a dental pick to release the wire & pin. But now I can't seem to get pin to go all the way into the connector in the new position. Is there a trick to doing this that I'm missing? I don't want to break the wire or the pin. I've tried lifting the plastic clip on the connector a little bit with the pick, but I still can't get it to slide all the way in. Any thanks for any help or suggestions to resolve this.

The pin just clicks back in. If it won't, then you damaged it when you removed it. (The correct way to remove it is to just slightly lift up the plastic locking tab while pulling on the wire.)