AVIC411.com

AVIC "F" Series Bypass (Picture Guide)

Ok your attitude is out of line and needs to be checked. The fact is, the bypass instructions have been gone over a million times on this forum and if you still have questions about it then you shouldn't be attempting it, period. If you don't like the response you get when you ask a redundant question then move on and don't respond. The people on this forum have made this forum as successful as it is now and don't have to walk on eggs shells for someone that doesn't get it. Now I will allow you the last word in response but be warned! Do not resort to name calling or offensive language or I will be forced to take action to make sure you don't do it again. Now you know what needs to be done so there should not be any more problems with the tone I am seeing.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sorry, i do not believe i was out of line. regardless, i am sorry. after reading my posts, i guess i just sound dumber than i actually am. but like i said, i just like to have facts, and 100% instructions. but i guess ive gotten exactly what needs to be done from the forum, and i will venture elsewhere to help me with the procedure. thanks again

Ok your attitude is out of line and needs to be checked. The fact is, the bypass instructions have been gone over a million times on this forum and if you still have questions about it then you shouldn't be attempting it, period. ...

100% agreement

Hey guys,

I'm a total newb when it comes to these things, so forgive me for the questions I'm about to ask :)

I've got the EU Avic-F500BT installed in-dash on my car with the latest 3.020200 firmware installed from Pioneer's website without any modifications. I'd like to get the software bypass working on my unit.

Now this is where the problem is for me. Because I have already installed the latest firmware to the unit, I cannot reupdate it with the modified .ini-file where I changed the parking_break_speed value to 128.

So, how can I reupdate the unit with the modified .ini-file? Does it have something to do with the testmode?

Or should I just press the reset button from the back of the unit and reupdate the modified firmware? Or does reseting the unit even reset the firmware?

Also, how is it possible to get access to the files of the actual unit as in the guide of this topic viewtopic.php?p=135213 . When I hook up the unit to the computer via USB, my comp won't recognize it. I was just thinking of doing backups in case I screw something up :)

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me with this, I've tried searching the forum a lot but I guess my questions are too stupid :) Thanks in advance!

alright, after weeks of anticipation and waiting to get my unit and install equip, finally got to install everything today, and once i had both harness in front of me everything made a lot of sense. bypass worked great, was able to get up 60MPH while watching movie to test it out. i did hardware bypass.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a really long post and the answer may be covered, I did read the first few pages but could not get the answer.

I believe grounding the parking brake lets you have access to everything even when the handbrake is down, including watching DVD.

What is the purpose of grounding the mute wire?

I bought F900BT second hand and the previous owner said he just grounded the parking brake wire, hence I am wondering the purpose of moving the mute and grounding.

Apologies if this is a silly question.

This is a really long post and the answer may be covered, I did read the first few pages but could not get the answer.

I believe grounding the parking brake lets you have access to everything even when the handbrake is down, including watching DVD.

What is the purpose of grounding the mute wire?

I bought F900BT second hand and the previous owner said he just grounded the parking brake wire, hence I am wondering the purpose of moving the mute and grounding.

Apologies if this is a silly question.

You need to go back and read this thread, all the answers are there.

You are NOT grounding the mute wire, you are moving the wire that used to be used for the mute function and THEN grounding it, just grounding the AVIC parking brake lead does not work unless you also do the software bypass.

If the previous owner just grounded the parking brake lead for the AVIC then he didn't bypass it, once again, you need to read this thread, yes it's long, but it also has ALL the answers, these questions are 2 years old at this point, and the answers haven't changed in 2 years.

I meant that u cannot simply just ground the light green wire and have it hardware by-passed. If that were the case, then this 20 page thread wouldn't exist.

20 pages exist in this thread only because people won't read the first three or four posts. Those first few cover it all.

Your statement of "U cannot permanently ground the parking brake wire" is quite incorrect. To do the bypass, you must ground the parking brake sense wire permanently. After that, you must move the mute wire (or use another wire) to the bypass location and then ground that permanently too. Most of the twenty pages of this thread are posts from people who have damaged the pin on the mute wire when they moved it, and then refused to believe that was the problem.

Honestly I did read the first few posts. I realize it's no longer mute but was wondering in the new position what is that new position?

I have moved the pin as in the pictures and joined them with a sleeve. Then I plan to get a wire put a spade clip and join it to the existing spade and use a scotch lock to merge it to the power cord black wire. Does that seem good? Here a pic of half the job:

photo-18.jpg

Haha, yeah I agree that all these pages wouldn't exist if people would follow the directions and get it done right.

Who knows what that new pin location is.. Only Pioneer knows what it was meant for. I personally don't like using those taps connectors. Soldering or butt connectors is what works for me.

ok friends ... let me tell you my story which is really weird and can help others !!!!!

I have a F900BT and i couldn't watch dvd or videos due to the restriction that the device had !!

Recently i had update my device to the 3.0 firmware and everything was working just great but i still had the problem with the videos. I wanted to do the trick with the wires etc ... but i think it is a good chance to update first the firmware.

So i went to the official page of the pioneer and download the free newest firmware AVIC_F700BT_F900BT_CNSD100FM_VER_3020200 !! The update was successfully. It was a good change to apply also a very nice mod which is this "skip navi warning nag screen at avic" (viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25108) !!

After this, i tried to restart the device and test it !! So i went for a ride. Sound was ok, navi was ok and then sudenly i had the idea to test the video while i was driving... GUESS WHAT ... The videos were playing even with a high speed of the car. I tested also with original dvds, fake dvds, avi videos and everything was playing !!!

Is this some kind of trick ?? I never touched ANY wire and the videos before the upgrade were NOT PLAYING (while i was driving). Now videos are working while i am driving even with high speed.

How normal this is?? Can someone do the same procedure as mine and see if this is also happens to him???

• 1 month later...

Hi all - just wanted to post that I tried the bypass and everything worked perfectly. I had an appointment at Best Buy for installation and I knew that they wouldnt do the bypass for me so here's what I did.

Prior to installation I moved the mute wire to the new location.

I cut the tab connector off of the mute wire, then cut the parking break wire and the ground wire to the same length as the mute wire and spliced them together. I then re-attached the ground wire to the other end of this splice and told the installer "ground this and don't ask any questions."

Everything works great.

Thanks to all in the forum for your hard work.