AVIC411.com

AVIC "F" Series Bypass (Picture Guide)

The pin just clicks back in. If it won't, then you damaged it when you removed it. (The correct way to remove it is to just slightly lift up the plastic locking tab while pulling on the wire.)

Thanks for the reply. I thought I was pretty careful when I removed it, but I think I must have damaged the pin. I thought I finally got it inserted all the way into the socket, but I'm still getting the nag screen saying I have the parking brake connected incorrectly when I hit 10-mph. So, when I get a chance I'll try the software hack....

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I pulled my mute wire out of the harness with no problem. When I went to insert it in slot 4, it got stuck and would not go any farther. I pulled it out again and the metal connector at the end of the wire was bent. I tried to bend it back and it broke off. Crap!

Now I have a naked mute wire and no way to attach it to the pin. I need another female pin connector to attach to the end of the mute wire. does anyone know where I can get one of these small metal connectors that slide into the white harness without having to buy a whole new wiring assembly from Pioneer?

Thanks,

Kyle

radio shack. You may need to buy a small package that has a plug in it, then remove a wire from that plug, then remove the pin..from that wire. Or cut and splice that wire to the wire in the avic harness..so you wont risk messing up the pin on your radio shack wire. But radio shack definitely can help you

I went to Radio Shack, no luck to see anything similar. Do you have the Radio Shack part number? The connector/plug you found there, what was it used for? flat or round? The sales person there "definately" couldn't help me. :(

Thanks Joegr, that certainly looks like it...connector housing looks right too...must be it.

For those of you who are moving the mute wire and having trouble....this pin is rather delicate, be careful when lifting up on the locking tab to free it from the connector housing. When you swing the wire to the other side of the housing, the pin will try to invert, do to the stiffness of the wire. If you insert the pin into the housing inverted it will not lock in to place and when you insert the connector into the AVIC, it will dislodge the pin and you will get an intermittent or no contact connection. Thhis pin is so tiny, it would be best if you used a magnifying lens so you can see the pin and its locking nub up close. The nub side, which is the opposite of the crimp side, goes to the outside of the connector.

Thanks to all who contributed to this post! The bypass worked like a charm. For the record, I connected both, the mute wire and the PB wire to the ground from the unit and it worked like a charm, no problems. One thing that I did see though that could be a problem: When I inserted the yellow mute wire into pin 4, it looked like it was in all the way but it was not. This could be the problem of the error messages. The pin can only be inserted ONE way, you cannot just stick it in and expect it to be fully inserted. The best way to confirm if the pin is properly inserted is to view the bottom of the connector and see if the metal pin is properly visible in the viewing hole at the bottom.

hello, im new, i just bought the pioneer 900bt. i am completely disapointed with the fact that i can't see movies while i drive , nor changing my gps address when im driving. please someone take step by step on how to do the software bypass. i read there is a way to do it but, since im new in this kind of stuff i dont know how. please where do i get this software and how to use it. thanks

hello, im new, i just bought the pioneer 900bt. i am completely disapointed with the fact that i can't see movies while i drive , nor changing my gps address when im driving. please someone take step by step on how to do the software bypass. i read there is a way to do it but, since im new in this kind of stuff i dont know how. please where do i get this software and how to use it. thanks

Either way, you have to ground the Parking break wire, there is no 'just software bypass'. Since you have to do that, you just as may as ground the mute wire and you are 100% covered. It is not that difficult, just follow the directions at the beginning of this post. All the software bypass does is bypasses the mute wire procedure, but you STILL have to ground the parking break wire

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have installed a x910bt as per these instructions. I am running stock version 3.020100 firmware and i cant get the bypass to work properly. I have checked for continuity with a meter from the relocated mute wire to ground as well as checked parking brake wire ground....Still no luck. Im reading about the software hack I am trying to boot into testmode and it wont do that as well.

The video playback works up to 10kph/15mph then i get the video playback prohibited screen and or parking break connected screen. Is this the firmware doing this???

Any Tips? dont know what to do now.

• 2 weeks later...