AVIC "F" Series Bypass (Picture Guide)

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello All,

I bought a F700bt and will be installing it this weekend. I got it used and it didn't come with the RCA harness. I don't plan on hooking anything video to the rca harness, but I would like to be able to watch videos off the sd card or my ipod (connecting it using the AUX2-front port with the CD-RM10 cable)....since I don't have the RCA harness does anyone know if the video play back will still work while the car is motion if I just ground the parking brake wire (green wire)?

• 2 weeks later...
I grounded:

1. The Unit (black wire)

2. The Parking Brake wire

3. The relocated Mute wire

All to the vehicle chassis (ground).

Works perfect.

I have done all this. I took my radio out 5 times to recheck all connections. It works, but when I start driving, I get the p brake lead message or w/e it is and then half my settings are gone and song labels don't show and stuff and until I come to a stop, everything is enabled. This leads me to believe that my unit requires both grounding and hacking the software. I have NO idea how to do this, so can someone PLEASE tell me how to hack my radio step by step, and not just say "data.zip"

I grounded:

1. The Unit (black wire)

2. The Parking Brake wire

3. The relocated Mute wire

All to the vehicle chassis (ground).

Works perfect.

I have done all this. I took my radio out 5 times to recheck all connections. It works, but when I start driving, I get the p brake lead message or w/e it is and then half my settings are gone and song labels don't show and stuff and until I come to a stop, everything is enabled. This leads me to believe that my unit requires both grounding and hacking the software. I have NO idea how to do this, so can someone PLEASE tell me how to hack my radio step by step, and not just say "data.zip"

Like everyone else who has had this problem, and swore up and down that they did it all right, you have a problem with the grounded & relocated mute wire. Almost certainly, you damaged the small fragile contact when you moved it. That's all there is to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

First I apologize because my english is probably awful :mrgreen:

So i bought the AVIC F910bt, i didn't not installed yet.

I understood how the hardware bypass works. There are two steps :

1. Move mute wire as indicated in first post in this thread : i follow this instructions and it's done >

2. . Ground parking brake wire : I'm a bit confused ;

Ground is the black wire right? Shoud i cut it to connect to the parking brake wire?

dsc058811024x768.jpg

The parking brake wire has something red..I don't know what is it, and if i have to cut it.

dsc058831024x768.jpg

Thanks in advance.

That is what you use to tap that wire into the other wire. In this case, you will tap the green wire into the black ground wire. You will need to purchase a separate tap for the mute wire. From what I understand however, EU units don't require the mute wire for the bypass to work properly so you may be able to skip that step. Try it without it first. If it doesn't work then connect it as instructed.