AVIC411.com

AVIC "F" Series Bypass (Picture Guide)

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To all those that haven't done the bypass yet...I let the installers hook everything up the proper way. Then after reading this thread from the start I located the parking brake (green) wire. I didn't even have to pull my dash apart as I was able to get to it from underneath the driver's side dash. I cut it there and grounded it to an existing ground which happened to be right there near it. Then I did the software mod by changing the setting in the data.zip folder from 16 to 256. My bypass was easy and works perfectly!

I know this post doesn't explain exactly how to do the software mod. My intention was to tell you what method I used and just how easy it was. I won't pretend like I didn't read a LOT before taking this on and I will say that all of the answers are here. It's like any project...measure twice, cut once.

Thank you everyone on here for creating and adding to this awesome site!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I installed my avic F7010bt last night into my 03 suburban with boes and onstar, and tried to do the bypass but ran into a problem. Because I have boes and onstar I had to get the gmos-04 and got the aswi-ps for the steering wheel controls. I haven't hooked the steering wheel control up yet, so here is where I'm at... The GMOS says to hook it's ground to the avic's ground so I put the gmos ground,the avic ground and the parking break ground all on the same ring connection. Then I moved the mute wire as shown at the beginning of this thread and put it on a ring connection. I put both rings together and ran a self tapping through them into a metal bar that runs vertically right behind the unit. When I did this and turned the unit on it was muted and I couldn't figure a way to get that off. So I took the mute wire off the ground and regrounded the other ring and everything works except I get the parking break error message.

After going back and looking at it again I realized that my units wiring harness had the mute wire in the right place from the start and that I moved it back into the standard mute location when I tried to move the wires. The harness was in a sealed package when I opened it so it's pretty weird that the wire was already moved. I guess I just assumed that if it was in this slot when i opened it then it must be getting moved to the other slot for the bypass. Moved it back and grounded it and now everything works great! Thanks

I searched... I really did!

I have a PAC harness (c2r-frd1) that I have used to connect my X910BT to my factory clips in my 05 Mustang. Searching the forum says it should work however it didn't answer my question.

Do I connect to the PAC harness as if I wasn't doing a hardware bypass and then ground both pb wires (the one from the harness and the one from the deck)? ... or do I not hook up the pb wire to the PAC harness and just ground the pb wire from the deck? The mute wire is a non issue as there is not a matching mute wire on the PAC harness.

Right now I have the pb wires connected together and grounded and the mute wire moved and grounded but I get a pb error like mentioned many times.

... or do I not hook up the pb wire to the PAC harness and just ground the pb wire from the deck? ...

Right now I have the pb wires connected together and grounded and the mute wire moved and grounded but I get a pb error like mentioned many times.

Yes, leave the wire from the PAC unconnected and ground the parking brake wire from the AVIC. This has been covered at least a few times in the forums.

You also do have a mute wire issue. That's why you're getting the parking brake error. You only get that error if the mute wire has not been moved to the correct location and then grounded.

Did you move it to the proper slot in the connector to the AVIC?

If so, then you damaged the pin in the process and it is not making contact with the AVIC. Pull it out and fix it.

Yes the mute wire has been moved but I may have damaged it in the process. The first time I tried I could not get it in all the way and I bent it. I was able to straighten it out and it snapped into place but perhaps it is still not making proper contact. I will check this out tonight and I will also disconnect the pb from my PAC harness.

Thanks for your help!

hi Guy's, i moved my mute wire and grounded the parking brake wire and i DO NOT get any error messages but my music video's do not play from my SD card although the sound is there with a black screen? Anyone have any ideas on what is going on?

Thanks.