AVIC411.com

AVIC "F" Series Bypass (Picture Guide)

I have a 07 H2 and my 900 was installed by Best Buy. They did a good job and everything worked, but no help on the bypass. (can't blame them, not being a private shop and all) So I found this site and you guys are great! Thanks so much for what your doing, you have just elevated my purchase.

So needless to say, I did the bypass by myself which was a bit of a pain on the H2. The whole booting to windows CE and changing the GPS parking brake settings seemed a bit daunting for a newbee like me, but it wasn't all that bad. I had some trouble trying to edit the speed in the Winrar, so I had to open it in a word pad, then edit it and then copy that back into the winrar. weird...

I then needed to do the parking brake. I didn't know which wire was the parking brake, so I finally found someone's thread that said the light green wire coming out of the back of the deck, (black plug). Well I spliced onto that wire and ran it to a ground. Walah...it worked...minus the 2 hours of pulling my console apart to get to the wire in the H2. Crutchfield had the full step by step instructions for 10 bucks on taking it all apart, but I found a post that listed written instruction on how to pull it apart.

Thanks again guys!

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ARRGGHHH!!! :(:(:(

I had a loose connection and was getting intermittent Parking Brake warnings. So I soldered instead of using the wire taps.

After a few days of no issues the warning signal came back on. I'm assuming I must not have the yel/brn fully seated as the wires are grounded at the same post with the main ground for the harness.

Unless you need to do a hard reset or something.

Time to uninstall the harness and start voltmeter testing on the bench before the reinstall. I am "teh suck".

Ok so if I understand

Take the parking brake wire from HU and ground it, then move the mute (yellow/black) wire from pin 1 to 2 (like on the pix). After do software bypass.

Is that all?

If this software/hardware bypass will remove msg about improper connection of parking break wire?

I grounded my parking break and did the software bypass, but on two occasions(both noticed when I was going 80 on the highway)... I am getting an error that says something like:

Improper parking break lead detected. Please consult the manual...

Has anyone else got this? Why dose this come up? Does this have something to do with speed?

Software bypass (with parking lead grounded, mute not moved) is speed-dependent. All you do is control at what speed the system startes thinking you are driving with the parking brake engaged.

Just change the value in pioneer.ini to something higher...

ive done a serious amount of reading on this forum, and i have read contradicting posts about this topic...i have already done the software bypass, do i only need to ground the parking brake wire?? do i also need to do the work with the mute wire??

Need to do both.

If you have the unit out, it is 2 minutes to slide the yel/blk out of pin 1 in the white harness and move it to the bottom row and 4 over. Too easy not to do. Especially if you ground the parking brake wire to the harness ground.