• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nope not at 10 mph.

Not when I start my vehicle either,

Before I leave my driveway.

Last time I saw It, I had plotted a route and just put it in drive. My vehicle had only moved a few inches.

But the key seems to be having it notice that it sees both the parking brake and the GPS (could also be VSS in F9x units)

The point is, it's a sign something in the install is hinky, not that they have to be grounded separately.

I was wondering if the VSS wire would play any part in this hardware bypass not working. I have the F90BT and hooked it up so it knows that I am moving. Does moving the mute wire disable something that tells it I'm moving? I haven't disconnected the VSS to try this, but I did ground my PB wire separately and I'm still having the problem. I thought that a ground was a ground, but figured that I would give it a try. I don't want to mess with the software aspect because I'm not a big computer person. Would just putting the PB on a switch work with the mute wire moved as well? I don't know if the PB wire looks for a positive signal before the ground or not. Any ideas?

I moved the mute wire just like the pic said to. I moved it from the first pin in the top row to the 4th in the bottom row. I didn't do the software bypass. I don't want to get into it unless I absolutely have to. I just don't understand why it works for some and not for others. Like I said in my first post I soldered both wires to my ground going to the factory harness and it didn't work. When I start moving and hit 10 mph I get the error saying that the PB wire isn't grounded properly.

Did you solder the wires to the same ground wire in the harness as the back power ground from the head-unit? Did you verify that the moved pin was correctly locked in the connector? (Pull on the wire, if it comes out, it was not pushed all the way in or the pin was damaged when you removed it from the mute position.

If you get a message saying that the PB wire is not connected properly, then that means that you have correctly grounded the parking brake wire. It means that the bypass wire (was the mute wire) is not correctly grounded or correctly inserted into the correct connector position. There aren't any other possibilities.

I pulled on the mute wire and it didn't come out when I put it in. I will double check to make sure that I didn't damage it when I moved it. If I did damage it, is there another wire that I can use in its place or somewhere where I can get one? I will check it out and hopefully it just didn't go in all the way or something simple. I did solder them both to the black wire coming out of the back of the deck. I worked at circuit city for a few years doing installs, but like I said before, when I worked there the N1 just came out and we didn't really sell any that I got to install.

Mine is an f700 so no vss wire.

The part that threw me was that there was no warning when I had the grounds wired separately... one to the harness and one to the chassis. I even took it for a drive like that because the the double din kit didn't fit properly and I went back to the shop to get parts. When I came back and soldered them both to the harness, then I got the error.

The VSS is supposed to only be used when there is no gps signal.

Mine is an f700 so no vss wire.

The part that threw me was that there was no warning when I had the grounds wired separately... one to the harness and one to the chassis. I even took it for a drive like that because the the double din kit didn't fit properly and I went back to the shop to get parts. When I came back and soldered them both to the harness, then I got the error.

That sounds more like a situation where you hadn't properly grounded the green parking brake wire, no grounded parking brake wire, no warning!

It still sounds like you have the parking brake wire grounded properly, but the bypass isn't done correctly. Without anyone else looking at it, that's what the descriptions keep pointing to.

Hey guys, newb here.

Just wired up my F90BT last night. I moved the Mute wire and grounded it along with the Parking Brake wire.

As of right now I don't have my VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) wire connected out of the assumption that it would defeat the bypass.

Can I connect this? Or shall I leave it as is?

Thank you!

Hey guys, newb here.

Just wired up my F90BT last night. I moved the Mute wire and grounded it along with the Parking Brake wire.

As of right now I don't have my VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) wire connected out of the assumption that it would defeat the bypass.

Can I connect this? Or shall I leave it as is?

Connect away, it does not break the bypass

• 2 weeks later...

not sure what happened. has anyone had this problem or know whats going on? basically pulled the unit out, switched the mute wire to its new spot, plugged it back up and all i get is the fan to spin (unit gets power) the fronts and rears to hum and the subs pop upon plugging/unplugging sub outputs, and the screen is dead. Help! thanks! John