AVIC411.com

AVIC "F" Series Bypass (Picture Guide)

Yes the mute wire has been moved but I may have damaged it in the process. The first time I tried I could not get it in all the way and I bent it. I was able to straighten it out and it snapped into place but perhaps it is still not making proper contact. I will check this out tonight and I will also disconnect the pb from my PAC harness.

Thanks for your help!

Mute pin was not damaged so all was good there. I separated the pb wire from the PAC harness and voila, worked. Thanks for all the help. Now onwards to trying some of these awesome mods that are on the site!

Thanks for your help joegr!

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey all, I'm new to the forum...

I'm going to have Bestbuy install this radio for me.

My question is....

I can't seem to get a good understanding of what needs to be done to the unit before you can drive without restrictions.

I need to be able to print out a guide in order of what needs to be done so the installer can do it while reading the sheet.

Is there something I need to do software wise as well?

WIll this bypass make it so you don't need to do anything additional to the unit when it boots? Just use it normally without restriction?

I haven't bought the unit yet.. Most likely I'll get one for $500 on ebay from a seller that sells refurbs.

Need some help here, I had the software bypass in place and once I upgraded to the 3.? version I started getting the parking brake wire warning box. I decided to do the hardwired bypass and open the dash to start and found I have no open slot to move the yellow wire to and it looks like the yellow wire has been spliced into another wire as well.

Also the blue wire is looped into two slots... normal?

post-26347-12872762396536_thumb.jpg

post-26347-12872762399899_thumb.jpg

Need some help here, I had the software bypass in place and once I upgraded to the 3.? version I started getting the parking brake wire warning box. I decided to do the hardwired bypass and open the dash to start and found I have no open slot to move the yellow wire to and it looks like the yellow wire has been spliced into another wire as well.

Also the blue wire is looped into two slots... normal?

You're looking at the wrong connector. The connector you want plugs directly into the back of the AVIC. Go re-read the start of this thread.

ok so ill be getting my x910 soon, and i know this is the bypass for that as well. but on the first page, the instructions only say to move the mute wire. my question is after moving the mute wire, which wires do i ground or connect to other wires?

The third post says "I did this and grounded the newly relocated mute wire and the parking brake wire too. Semms to be working fine. Thanks AVIC411."

I have read all 19 pages on this bypass. No one has fully deducted why the mute wire must be used. I found one post stating that you can do this mod by adding any wire to the 4th point in would do the trick. I have an unusual set up that will require the mute lead on the radio. I’m integrating the Microsoft sync module in my ford. The sync module uses the mute line to mute the radio while I have a call and when im using the verbal sync interface. So my question is before I buy this pioneer unit does it need to be the mute wire or can I use another wire in the harness or make my own. :wink:

So my question is before I buy this pioneer unit does it need to be the mute wire or can I use another wire in the harness or make my own.

99% of users don't need the mute wire, hence it's easier to move it.

Yes, you could make your own, or take one from an alternate harness, etc.

ok, i still havent even opened my units box, so i dont know what it looks like, but after i use the taps for the pb and mute wire to attach to ground, what do i do with the ends of them, do i attach them to where they are supposed to be attached, or just take the ends off, or just leave them alone.

ok, i still havent even opened my units box, so i dont know what it looks like, but after i use the taps for the pb and mute wire to attach to ground, what do i do with the ends of them, do i attach them to where they are supposed to be attached, or just take the ends off, or just leave them alone.

You move the pin of the mute wire to the new location.

You ground the moved mute wire instead of connecting it to anything else.

You ground the parking brake sense wire instead of connecting it to the parking brake switch.

This is a really simple thing that you guys keep trying to make very complicated...

It's all in the first few posts of this thread.

yea i know its all in the first few posts. but obviously people asking about it, i dont get why no one has a step by step picture guide or video guide from beggining to end. the pin move looks easy enough, its how and where to ground the wires i believe most people have problems with.

yea i know its all in the first few posts. but obviously people asking about it, i dont get why no one has a step by step picture guide or video guide from beggining to end. the pin move looks easy enough, its how and where to ground the wires i believe most people have problems with.

because it's just not that darn hard!

So many posts here are people making it harder then they should, or not having the basic skill set required to make the modification. If you don't know how to connect a wire to ground, or don't understand the concept, then you probably should not be doing this work, I know that's harsh, but it's true.

because it's just not that darn hard!

So many posts here are people making it harder then they should, or not having the basic skill set required to make the modification. If you don't know how to connect a wire to ground, or don't understand the concept, then you probably should not be doing this work, I know that's harsh, but it's true.

As I have said in numerous posts, this is a modding section, not a how-to section, if you dont know the simple basics of grounding, please dont mod as you will only brick your system, send it to pioneer for repair, and then badmouth them because they wont warrant it. PLEASE.....Leave it be!!!

actually i know what im doing, as i wire shit daily. i just like to have the facts, not a thread with a punch of opinions. and the only reason im asking so many questions is because i havent even take the unit or its harness out of the box yet, and im sure when i do shit will be a lot more clear. but thanks for the doucheness.