AVIC411.com

AVIC "F" Series Bypass (Picture Guide)

Sorry for the newbie question...and i'm sure this may be obvious for the veterans...

But i was told by many people that the F90 (non-members) can't be bypassed. It's been a while since I last visited this forum and saw this thread.

I just recently bought the AVIC-F90BT and would like to use this bypass for my new DD...

Question is...(again my apologies for the ignorance) Will this bypass allow me to watch videos/movies, enter in destination changes, and dial in numbers while the car is moving?

Thanks in advance...

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Installed my new F90BT yesterday. I used the hardware bypass that's described and pictured in this post. Grounded both the Mute and Parking Brake wire. Works like a champ.

Wanted to take a moment to say

THANK YOU !!

to the owners and moderators of this board along with all the members posting great information.

Now I'm going to read, read, search, and read some more.

Hopefully I can contribute some day and give back to the AVIV411 community.

I grounded:

1. The Unit (black wire)

2. The Parking Brake wire

3. The relocated Mute wire

All to the vehicle chassis (ground).

Works perfect.

I just installed my radio last night and only grounded the radio's black and parking brake light (light green) and did not work. I'll try adding the mute (yellow/black) cable to the ground as well :)

Thanks for the tip!

I grounded:

1. The Unit (black wire)

2. The Parking Brake wire

3. The relocated Mute wire

All to the vehicle chassis (ground).

Works perfect.

Dano,

I'm assuming you grounded the mute button after you switched the cable from its original location to the one shown in this post? or did you just grounded all 3 cables from their original locations?

Just wanted to confirm (for those who havent done a bypass yet) that I just edited the pioneer.ini using windows CE (SD bootable) from http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17542 . You need a copy for the DATA.ZIP file located "My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\ or inside LPUE080\APL2\iGo\ from the Pioneer update zip file (firmware 2.0 in my case). Open the "DATA.ZIP" file using WinRar (google if you dont have it), open the project_config foler and you'll find the pioneer.ini file.

Open the INI file and look for the line "parking_break_speed=16.0" and change the 16 to 200

Save the *.ini file and when prompted to update the archive (by winrar) select yes....

Now copy the new copy of the DATA.ZIP file into your SD card.

Download http://www.avic411.com/forum/download.php?id=4696 extract it and copy both folders in there into your SD card as well.

Now place the SD card in your F series (while is off), turn it on and it'll boot into windows CE. Once the copying process its done click on the "X" at the top right hand corner. Then click on START/PROGRAMS/WINDOWS EXPLORER and go to My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\ rename the existing DATA.zip to DATA-OLD.zip and then copy the DATA.zip from your SD card into My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\.

Works great (at least in my F900BT that is)

Hope this was detailed enough for everyone to understand. :)

Hey guys sorry for the bothersomness again. But im 100% new to all this stuff. I took the F90bt to audio express today to get a quote on install. They want 95 for install and another 40 for bypass. They say that you need a special module box to bypass the f90bt. after reading this forum i thought that was bs? is it? I see that you say theres a software hack. Well how do u get into the config files for the gps? on your computer? i mean how do u get the config files from the nav system onto the computer for editing? Also i understand the wiring procedure bypass method, but what do you mean by grounding the parking brake wire? like if i wanted to move the mute wire to the new slot before i take it to them for install how do i ground the other wire?THANKS!!!