AVIC411.com

5Gen iPod No Sound when conencted

You have to go into the settings menu and turn the AV1 input to IPOD. That makes the unit look to the AV1 input for the audio and video signal when IPOD is the selected source instead of when AV1 is the selected source.

You have to go into the settings menu and turn the AV1 input to IPOD. That makes the unit look to the AV1 input for the audio and video signal when IPOD is the selected source instead of when AV1 is the selected source.

I set AV1 to ipod and I see it says playing, but still no sound...

Any idea's?

My iPod runs version 1.3 and my iphone runs 1.4 both don't work...

They go to the AV inputs on the back of the radio. If those aren't hooked up there will be no sound or video. The audio and video signals are not sent over the USB connection, that is just for controlling and charging the ipod.

They go to the AV inputs on the back of the radio. If those aren't hooked up there will be no sound or video. The audio and video signals are not sent over the USB connection, that is just for controlling and charging the ipod.

well what sure does explain why it doesnt work lol, now i gotta take it all apart sigh lol...

That is because you used the wrong wire as your amp turn on signal. You used the blue antenna wire (which only sends power out when the AM/FM radio is the selected source) instead of the blue system remote wire (which sends out power all the time the unit is powered on). This basically causes the amplifier only to turn on when the AM/FM radio is the selected source.

To fix that without pulling the unit out to switch the wires, go into the AV settings menu, and turn the ANT CTRL setting from RADIO to POWER.